shape
carat
color
clarity

Did anyone buy their own ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
No husband/fiance attached....just a diamond because you wanted it? I have several diamonds under a carat, but am daydreaming of a 2ct stone....
I am engaged, but my center stone is a ruby (lol so not to compete with the .68 I bought years ago)

alyson423

Rough_Rock
Not a diamond, but I did get myself an eternity band of tiny blue sapphire baguettes as a RHR, just over 1 ctw. Someday I''ll figure out how to take pictures!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased all of the rings in this picture prior to being engaged (with the exception of the 3-stone which is my Ering) by myself, for myself, just ''cause I loved them and knew none of them were ever what I would wear as an Ering. I love them all!

DiaRingsAndi4.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I bought almost all of my collection for myself. I get exactly what I want and never have to give anything back that way
2.gif

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you buy it before marriage, it is yours and you should keep documentation to prove it. Buy it after marriage and it may be considered marital property even if you paid for it. Either way, the guy will probably be miffed to incensed, LOL. 2ct is not trivial.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

About 1/2 of my present jewellery collection was purchased prior to marriage--diamond rings (including an eternity ring), gemstones, gold jewellery and pearls. If you are dreaming of a 2 carat ring, why not make it a reality?
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the exception of my engagement ring (which is now on it's third life--soon to be fourth [and I picked out all but the first stone]) and my wedding ring, I've picked out all, and purchased most, of my jewelry myself since I've been married. Not that hubby doesn't love me, LOL, he just gets overwhelmed by the whole process so he's happy to let me go at it!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I am in the process of saving up for one...only things left to pay off is the car (3,000...try to have that done by Christmas)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is nothing wrong with buying jewelry for yourself. I purchased a RHR all by myself and will probably make other purchases before/after marriage.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I used to think rings should be a gift, but alas my husband is not a jewelry nut and not the most romantic guy, though I think I''ll keep him, he''s wonderful.
2.gif
But now I don''t have a problem buying things for myself. I''d buy myself a nice big juicy diamond if I could! I bought myself my new ruby and dia RHR and just yesterday I decided I love myself so much that I put a yummy multi-colored sapphire bracelet on layaway at my local jeweler''s.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I buy all my jewelry myself from my own seperate funds. Except for my recent 25 yr upgrade wedding set. That way, he can''t complain about how much I spend, because it''s my money! LOL.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2006 07:09:14 PM
Author:~*Rowan*~
I bought myself my new ruby and dia RHR and just yesterday I decided I love myself so much that I put a yummy multi-colored sapphire bracelet on layaway at my local jeweler''s.

Hahahahaha!! You crack me up!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Good for you!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results