shape
carat
color
clarity

Did anyone buy that lab pad from finewater?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous. I hope someone here got it.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Now discontinued variety of lab created sapphire”
I’d like to hear more info on that - I’m curious now.
I also wonder if he had ever cut from that specific one before or this is the first.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
“Now discontinued variety of lab created sapphire”
I’d like to hear more info on that - I’m curious now.
I also wonder if he had ever cut from that specific one before or this is the first.

Me too. I’m a bit confused by the turn of phrase. Like does he mean he doesn’t have any more of that material?

I absolutely love that color zoning. Some people don’t like it when there’s the stripy look going through but I for one love it.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!!!

Peary

Shiny_Rock
I’m tempted to ask Gary to custom cut one for me. I’m not normally into geometric shapes but this one is so mesmerizing.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m tempted to ask Gary to custom cut one for me. I’m not normally into geometric shapes but this one is so mesmerizing.

I know! I would choose a different shape but that is why I would be worried about a custom cut. So I am just going to wait for another to appear haha.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
If so please share pics!!!

40E08FCA-2C64-4DFE-B118-D4E7F8CBA890.jpeg

Oh, ooh, that's very nice with the steps, isn't it.:shock:

Peary

Shiny_Rock
It’s too beautiful, I just had to reach out to Gary. He said he’d put me in the queue as he’s received a lot of interest for this.

Peary

Shiny_Rock
I finally received it in the mail today. I didn't buy the one Gary had posted on IG. He cut me a new one from the same rough. Mine weighs 3.29ct and is 9x7mm. Color and cut are identical to the IG one, maybe mine is a tad bigger.

Here are several photos I took indoors. It shows a prominent pink color when I'm under bright bluish lighting, like office lighting. It shows more orange when I'm in dimmer or yellowish lighting.

IMG_1218.jpeg IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1223.jpeg IMG_1217.jpeg IMG_1221.jpeg

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I finally received it in the mail today. I didn't buy the one Gary had posted on IG. He cut me a new one from the same rough. Mine weighs 3.29ct and is 9x7mm. Color and cut are identical to the IG one, maybe mine is a tad bigger.

Here are several photos I took indoors. It shows a prominent pink color when I'm under bright bluish lighting, like office lighting. It shows more orange when I'm in dimmer or yellowish lighting.

What a lovely stone - thank you so much for sharing!!! I can’t how believe how much the color changes depending on lighting! Do you love it? How will you set it?

Eta - my fave of the color is in the first, third and last photos where you can see the pink and orange.

Last edited:

Peary

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely stone - thank you so much for sharing!!! I can’t how believe how much the color changes depending on lighting! Do you love it? How will you set it?

Eta - my fave of the color is in the first, third and last photos where you can see the pink and orange.

I am quite undecided...Originally I wanted to do a 5-stone ring, with trapezoids and bullets as side stones. Then I thought I'd just simplify things and do a 3 stone, with chevrons / cads as side stones. Then I thought maybe I can just do a simple yellow gold bezel which will go nicely with the pink/orange. And then I was also wondering maybe I should let it go (rather than have it sit in a drawer) because I won't be able to set it anytime soon due to having 2 other ring projects in the works....

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So so pretty! :love:
Would you indulge us with a side view of the stone?
I love to see color zoning and I’m just obscenely curious on this one :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am quite undecided...Originally I wanted to do a 5-stone ring, with trapezoids and bullets as side stones. Then I thought I'd just simplify things and do a 3 stone, with chevrons / cads as side stones. Then I thought maybe I can just do a simple yellow gold bezel which will go nicely with the pink/orange. And then I was also wondering maybe I should let it go (rather than have it sit in a drawer) because I won't be able to set it anytime soon due to having 2 other ring projects in the works....

That’s a lot of possibilities! All of them seem beautiful except for sitting in a drawer lol.

Peary

Shiny_Rock
So so pretty! :love:
Would you indulge us with a side view of the stone?
I love to see color zoning and I’m just obscenely curious on this one :)

Almost missed this comment! For some reason, I no longer receive a notif on that bell icon on the top right corner when there are new messages or reactions....

I actually decided to put this on the market, so I've created an Imgur link with a ton and a half of pics and videos.

When you say side view, do you mean like this? IMG_1247.jpg

Alybird

Shiny_Rock

Absolutely breathtaking. May I asked what you paid for it?

Peary

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely breathtaking. May I asked what you paid for it?

Happy to share, I paid $475 i think. I kindly asked to return it though and Gary kindly agreed. I didn't like the dark bar in the middle of the stone in some lighting. I dont know if that's called a bow tie or an obstruction or whatnot, or maybe it's just inevitable in all elongated cuts, or maybe it was the design of the cut itself, or whether it was intentional in order to showcase the unique color zoning. It wasnt shown in any of the vendor pics so I was displeased to see it IRL. I was hoping that all the good bad and ugly could be shown upfront. Maybe i just got a fluke. It was also pretty bright pink in most lighting conditions where I spend my time, which is either indoors by a window, or under normal incandescent lighting in my house. Pink is my favorite color, but not sure if that beautiful shade of pink should be called a pad. Did anyone else buy it?
IMG_1229.jpeg IMG_1251.jpeg IMG_1225.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Happy to share, I paid $475 i think. I kindly asked to return it though and Gary kindly agreed. I didn't like the dark bar in the middle of the stone in some lighting. I dont know if that's called a bow tie or an obstruction or whatnot, or maybe it's just inevitable in all elongated cuts, or maybe it was the design of the cut itself, or whether it was intentional in order to showcase the unique color zoning. It wasnt shown in any of the vendor pics so I was displeased to see it IRL. I was hoping that all the good bad and ugly could be shown upfront. Maybe i just got a fluke. It was also pretty bright pink in most lighting conditions where I spend my time, which is either indoors by a window, or under normal incandescent lighting in my house. Pink is my favorite color, but not sure if that beautiful shade of pink should be called a pad. Did anyone else buy it?
IMG_1229.jpeg IMG_1251.jpeg IMG_1225.jpeg

I’m really glad for you that he agreed to take it back. I saw that you had posted it on LT but then it was taken down. I don’t think I’ve even seen a pad in real life and they just seem like really tricky stones.

Peary

Shiny_Rock
I’m really glad for you that he agreed to take it back. I saw that you had posted it on LT but then it was taken down. I don’t think I’ve even seen a pad in real life and they just seem like really tricky stones.

thank you. In an attempt to sell it, I didnt feel right to not explicitly write down in the description that there is a black bar in the middle in several lighting conditions, i didnt think i was doing enough to merely show it in the numerous photos I took and posted in the imgur link and ad. I also thought someone else may be disappointed like i was, or idk, maybe some people prefer the very obvious zoning if thats what it is. I also didnt think I should take the loss when none of the photos showed the dark bar. granted, there were only a couple of photos. there is also something about bow ties in ovals and pears that turns me off completely, so seeing it here reminds me of that. i will put it behind me now now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results