shape
carat
color
clarity

Diaper Bags

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
PetitiePoire said:
Mia- Thank you for bringing up the flap issue! I must say that I do prefer zipper only backpacks to the ones with a flap. I find myself annoyed when I can't get to my wallet or keys fast enough. I'll have to remember that when looking.

Yeah the flap really annoyed me. There will be times when you will be reaching from the front seat of the car or holding a squirmy baby with one hand while trying to dig in the diaper bag with the other. I'd much rather not have to deal with it!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
What about this - you can buy these inserts http://pishposhmommy.com/carry-alls/quick-zip.htmland use them in a regular purse. Do you think you'd feel like you were missing out on the extra pockets?

Cancel that - looks like it comes with pockets on the inside :)

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
MuffDog|1332944560|3158148 said:
What about this - you can buy these inserts http://pishposhmommy.com/carry-alls/quick-zip.htmland use them in a regular purse. Do you think you'd feel like you were missing out on the extra pockets?

Cancel that - looks like it comes with pockets on the inside :)

I really like those too! I could continue to use purses I have. Before searching I had considered using a tote,but worried about bottles, but it looks like those bags have spots for them.

NEL- Thanks for the feedback. I'd really hate to spend that and end up with millions of snags.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I really like that Skip Hop Versa bag! The only problem I have with my bag currently is that it can't be worn cross body. I have a feeling that's going to be a must this time around.

Mayerling - I never have a problem with my cloth diapers. When LO was in prefolds they barely took up much room so I'd bring quite a few. When he switched to pockets I started only bringing a couple because they're much bigger, but that was also around the time that I stopped bringing things like burp cloths, etc, since he wasn't a newborn anymore. So it evened out. I have a small wet bag that fits 2 or 3 diapers and doesn't take up any room at all.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I ended up buying this bag at Kate Spade awhile back, not realizing it was a diaper bag. I plan on using it, but may also get another bag. Or five. Why not?

I love totes and tend to carry them on a regular basis. My favorite lightweight one is the Marc Jacobs nylon Tate tote. It really doesn't add any weight beyond what you put in it. There aren't so many compartments, thought. But for diapers and food and whatnot, I will just have separate containers. diaper.bag.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have a Timi and Leslie diaper bag. They are a little on the spendy side but I really like it because it looks like a large purse and functions as a diaper bag. I have a friend that used one for 2 babies and it is still in good shape. Word of advice: go bigger, you will be surprised how much stuff you need.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
blackberry16|1332969587|3158487 said:
I have a Timi and Leslie diaper bag. They are a little on the spendy side but I really like it because it looks like a large purse and functions as a diaper bag. I have a friend that used one for 2 babies and it is still in good shape. Word of advice: go bigger, you will be surprised how much stuff you need.

Which Timi and Leslie bag did you go with? I think they look really cute but look HUGE!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
MuffDog|1332971994|3158535 said:
blackberry16|1332969587|3158487 said:

Which Timi and Leslie bag did you go with? I think they look really cute but look HUGE!

I got the Marilyn II in black. It is big but not huge. It is just big enough to fit all the things I need for a day out. It has two big pockets in the front and one zippered pocket in back. It also comes with a clutch for mommy that I really like.

My sister has a Petunia Pickle Bottom bag and she is always saying that it is too small.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm. Mso what would the BTDT moms say are the features of a bag that are important?

Shape?
Size?
Pockets (inside vs outside)
Nylon vs leather?

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I have a quilted Elizabeth in the taupe/fawn colour and I love it! It is very light for a leather bag and the interior is very well designed - it's a pretty slim bag for something that holds that much!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I originally bought a purse-like diaper bag, but my hubby bought himself a Diaper Dude bag and we ended up just using that one all the time ;-)
He likes it bcuz it has little skulls and cross bones on it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SweetAsscher|1333173869|3160493 said:
I originally bought a purse-like diaper bag, but my hubby bought himself a Diaper Dude bag and we ended up just using that one all the time ;-)
He likes it bcuz it has little skulls and cross bones on it.

Ha! I got that Diaper Dude bag for my brother when my niece was born and he loved it/carried it every day! It is a great bag.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Our son joined our family when he was 2 and we are pretty low maintenance, so the most we ever brought with us were:

-1 or 2 cloth diapers
-wet bag
-sippy cup
-small toy
-small book
-wipes
-tissues
-benadryl on the go (egg allergy :knockout: )
-bib
-maybe change of clothes
-my wallet, phone, chapstick, and a hair clip/elastic

Now I just stick my stuff and some tissues in a pocket and we're on our way :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

For daycare, we send his stuff (diaper, wet bag, change of clothes, benadryl, small book and toy, wipes) in his little skip hop backpack.

I used a small canvas purse from Target for the first 3 months while we were in Ethiopia and it was great. If it had had a pocket for a bottle/sippy it would have been perfect!

I have the JuJu Be be light (I like it, but the external pockets are too deep and I wish that it zipped across the top. DH has: http://www.amazon.com/DadGear-Messenger-Diaper-Bag-LSU/dp/B000N2S3BI/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1333242256&sr=1-2.. I think it's heavy and kind of awkward, but he LOVES it!

Whenever we are blessed with #2, I would like one (or more :Up_to_something: ) of the following:
-Storksak Emily
-Petunia Picklebottom Touring Tote
-JuJu Be BFF: http://www.amazon.com/Ju-Be-Diaper-Marvelous-Mums/dp/B003UERR9A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1EDBDKLEWPYY4&colid=61W6V8QL892Z

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Okay - so I did some shopping this weekend and primarily looked at diaper bags. Wow. There are a lot of options, most of which I didn't love.

On the inexpensive(ish) side of things, I thought #1 was pretty cute - "Amanda" by Babymel. It was nice and light (thanks to the nylon exterior) but I thought it might be a tad small. Also wasn't sure it satisfied my non-baby baby bag requirement.

#2 is the Storksak Sophia which was SO gorgeous. The leather was like butter and it had a bunch of exterior pockets and the interior was lined with some kind of waterproof wipeable nylon and also had lots of pockets. This thing was gorgeous, but do I want such a nice baby bag? One that will for sure get spilled on etc?

#3 (no pic) I tried one of the PVC "leather-free" bags that are out there - dont' remember the name or have a picture, but even though it was cute, it was HEAVY after only a short period. I carried it around the store for a while and by the end I had to just drop it because it was so heavy, and it was empty. Hmm...

#4 - Another option is one that I've been considering for a while. It is the Longchamp "Le Pliage" but with an organizational insert. This pic shows it with the "Pish Posh Mommy" zipped carryall, a diaper clutch and a changing pad.

#5 - this is the Longchamp as well but with a different organizer that you can see next to it - that is the "Purse to Go" organizer.

Anyhoo - that was my weekend of searching :)

babymel.jpg

Storksak Sofia.jpg

pish posh.jpg

Purse to Go.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
You ladies are dangerous!!! I have just ordered the Skip Hop Versa - thanks for the recommendations!!!!
:naughty: :love:
TGal and other Not Rational owners - heeeeelp!!! Which bag do you own and why? Which colors look bet IRL? I'm eyeing the Hansel and the Kelly. Both are so gorgeous!!!! Wondering if the Hansel's wider straps make it more comfy or are annoying because they slip down like floppy Snoopy ears? Argh you ladies have such exquisite taste now I suddenly need a $650 diaper bag?!?! ROFL :Up_to_something:

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Bliss - if you are going to get a NR bag - make sure you buy it somewhere like Tiny Truffles that has a coupon code for 25% off items over $350 (brings the Hansel down to $465).

Just FYI :)

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
MuffDog, you ROCK!!!! Thanks! :appl: So hard to pick the color!!! Ooooh! I got the Skip Hop Versa in the mail today and it is super cute!!!! Great size and shape. It seems really functional. I'm returning it because the strap is so painfully rough. Now that it's summer and I'll be wearing tanks, I can see why so many amazon reviewers said it rubbed their skin raw. But I do love the style. Not Rational cult, here I come!!!!!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Bliss - no problem!! I love me a deal! Can't wait to see what you pick. All of them are gorgeous. I like the grey but if I recall correctly Mara has it and wishes she went darker. I'd have to look it up to confirm though.

So I bought a Longchamp tote yesterday. Figured that I would like one anyways so it wasn't such a huge commitment. I'm still thinking of a proper diaper bag though. Hmmm....

I'm guessing I'm between the Sportsak Sofia and the "Hudson" by Nest. Tough decisions, I know!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
MuffDog, many many thanks!!!! That is so incredibly helpful! I think I'm now leaning towards the black now - just hemming and hawing over the plain vs studded version! I almost got the gray distressed so your info totally helped me!!!!!! Thank youuuuu!!!!

Ahhhh I love love love the Longchamp tote! Very classic beautiful bag. You have amazing taste and style! :love: What color did you get or is the navy one yours? I love the purple!!!! I'm sure it looks great in all colors!!!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Bliss|1333583757|3163642 said:
MuffDog, many many thanks!!!! That is so incredibly helpful! I think I'm now leaning towards the black now - just hemming and hawing over the plain vs studded version! I almost got the gray distressed so your info totally helped me!!!!!! Thank youuuuu!!!!

Ahhhh I love love love the Longchamp tote! Very classic beautiful bag. You have amazing taste and style! :love: What color did you get or is the navy one yours? I love the purple!!!! I'm sure it looks great in all colors!!!

I ordered the Bilberry color (purple!) so I'm glad you said that!

Here is what Mara said "I'd prob go safer with the black. I still love mine but I actually wish I'd gotten black I think. The gray I got is a very flat/matte and while I love the bag itself and TOTALLY APPRECIATE it looks like a purse not a diaper bag... 20/20 hindsight I'd do a black of some type or a SUPER dark or silvery dark gray...nothing too light."

That is from a thread where someone was deciding between a grey rhino and the black.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh MuffDog!!!!! The Longchamp bag in Bilberry is tres chic!!!! :appl: :love: Sorry, don't have the French accents on my iPhone or I am too much of a yokel to find it!!!! :cheeky: I love that bag!!!! Lots of chic mommies in NY and fashionistas carry it in NY. I also think it is such a timeless style - clean and classic!

Thanks so much also for the excerpt of Mara's review!!!! Thanks to you ladies, I ordered the Not Rational Hansel in Black Lux. DH said it was his favorite and alluded to the fact that he might have to carry it a lot since he's the designated pack mule. Ha ha! Ahhh PS is so dangerous!!!! I have too many bags and now I am obsessed with diaper bags!!!! It makes me happy! Something about nice diaper bags that feel luxurious gives me a lift in my mashed-mystery-purée-on-my-shirt life!!!! Hahaha. Mommies need luxury and glamour, too! OK, how weird that iPhone recognizes the need for an accent over e for purée but not tres? LOL

I love PS mommies. You are all so intelligent and give the greatest advice!!!! I also love the bags we can use after the kiddos grew older. But who am I kidding? Our bags will be so ratty and stained by then, it would be lucky if the dog deemed it worthy enough for a chew toy!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my friend a red paisley Vera Bradley for her baby shower gift. It's cute and it's lined (very important) and came with a matching changing pad.

(Is it just me or do most of Vera Bradley's bags kind of look like baby bags?)

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Muffdog- great reviews! Thanks! Where did you find the organizers for the long champ bags? They are always my go to bag and I refer to them as my Mary Poppins bags because they hold so much, and more. Even the smaller ones! Anyways, purple will be a great color and they are cheap enough that you can have multiple if you decide you want a more neutral color one day. I'm constantly switching.

Anyways, because they are soooo flexible I worry that even the last pic with the pink organizer might cause issues since the bag doesn't sit up on its own. If it topples then everything in spills out anyways. Does the site you saw it on have reviews or issues with that? I'm considering a zippered organizer, but no clue where to look.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
PetitePoire|1333695152|3164758 said:
Muffdog- great reviews! Thanks! Where did you find the organizers for the long champ bags? They are always my go to bag and I refer to them as my Mary Poppins bags because they hold so much, and more. Even the smaller ones! Anyways, purple will be a great color and they are cheap enough that you can have multiple if you decide you want a more neutral color one day. I'm constantly switching.

Anyways, because they are soooo flexible I worry that even the last pic with the pink organizer might cause issues since the bag doesn't sit up on its own. If it topples then everything in spills out anyways. Does the site you saw it on have reviews or issues with that? I'm considering a zippered organizer, but no clue where to look.

Hey PP. I'm guessing that because it is big that it wouldn't topple over too badly. Here are some other pics I found online. If you were worried about the topple factor, maybe the Pish Posh Mommy insert would be better as it is a zipped bag with pockets etc that you just toss in.

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss|1333645832|3164186 said:
Ooooooh MuffDog!!!!! The Longchamp bag in Bilberry is tres chic!!!! :appl: :love: Sorry, don't have the French accents on my iPhone or I am too much of a yokel to find it!!!! :cheeky: I love that bag!!!! Lots of chic mommies in NY and fashionistas carry it in NY. I also think it is such a timeless style - clean and classic!

Thanks so much also for the excerpt of Mara's review!!!! Thanks to you ladies, I ordered the Not Rational Hansel in Black Lux. DH said it was his favorite and alluded to the fact that he might have to carry it a lot since he's the designated pack mule. Ha ha! Ahhh PS is so dangerous!!!! I have too many bags and now I am obsessed with diaper bags!!!! It makes me happy! Something about nice diaper bags that feel luxurious gives me a lift in my mashed-mystery-purée-on-my-shirt life!!!! Hahaha. Mommies need luxury and glamour, too! OK, how weird that iPhone recognizes the need for an accent over e for purée but not tres? LOL

I love PS mommies. You are all so intelligent and give the greatest advice!!!! I also love the bags we can use after the kiddos grew older. But who am I kidding? Our bags will be so ratty and stained by then, it would be lucky if the dog deemed it worthy enough for a chew toy!

Sorry I'm late back to the thread.

I have a wine color and a black diesel. I like both, but the black is the one I use for my workbag. There are different kinds of black leathers too. Some leathers are heavier than others. I only have the hansel.

I've abused both bags. They've held up really well, but I hear not all versions/leathers do.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
TGal, MANY THANKS!!!! I found an old Not Rational thread and saw your gorgeous wine colored bag. So sexxay!!!!! Gorgeous! I got my Hansel in Black Lux so quickly - free next day shipping at TinyTruffles! Gotta love it!!!! Oh!!! And the bag is AWESOME! My favorite bag ever. It just feels SO good and stays put on my shoulder. Roomy yet sleek, strong yet supple... :love: Even DH put it on his shoulder and remarked how *good* it felt on - the weight distribution is excellent and everything was designed so thoughtfully. A very well made bag and sturdy, too! I can't wait to get more!!!

I wish I hadn't bought so many other diaper bags before. This one wins hands down. I wish I had found it sooner. But I'll probably make up for lost time with some other ones soon. :naughty: Oh yes, my pretties!!!! It's such a nice bag that I find myself looking forward to going out even more! Something about it makes me so happy - it's everything I wanted in a bag!

Thanks again PS Mommies!!!! :appl: THANK YOU, MUFFDOG!!!!!!!! It is worth every penny!!!! Thank you!!!!!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Oooooh Bliss!! I NEED pictures!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss|1333847417|3165944 said:
TGal, MANY THANKS!!!! I found an old Not Rational thread and saw your gorgeous wine colored bag. So sexxay!!!!! Gorgeous! I got my Hansel in Black Lux so quickly - free next day shipping at TinyTruffles! Gotta love it!!!! Oh!!! And the bag is AWESOME! My favorite bag ever. It just feels SO good and stays put on my shoulder. Roomy yet sleek, strong yet supple... :love: Even DH put it on his shoulder and remarked how *good* it felt on - the weight distribution is excellent and everything was designed so thoughtfully. A very well made bag and sturdy, too! I can't wait to get more!!!

I wish I hadn't bought so many other diaper bags before. This one wins hands down. I wish I had found it sooner. But I'll probably make up for lost time with some other ones soon. :naughty: Oh yes, my pretties!!!! It's such a nice bag that I find myself looking forward to going out even more! Something about it makes me so happy - it's everything I wanted in a bag!

Thanks again PS Mommies!!!! :appl: THANK YOU, MUFFDOG!!!!!!!! It is worth every penny!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Yup Bliss. I spent a lot of diaper bags (it was a fetish for awhile.) I had jujube (like, 3 of them), fleurville (sold it) then I found the NR bag. It stays put so well and just felt right. Yeah, that wine colored one is an earlier version...so no water resistant/proof lining...and I STILL loved it. I think I may have been one of the earliest people to scream here how much I love that bag, and after all these years, I still do. I have a business meeting this Wednesday (a day trip to NorCal) and it's coming with me! The bottle pockets are great for holding a bottle of water for me when I travel!

However, the diaper changing mat...I've never used EITHER of the ones I had. I don't know...soiled diapers and leather... :errrr:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had checked this a few days ago before buying a diaper bag! I just bought one from this site (if you haven't checked it out it has a ton of different products everyday that change that is a deal-at least 50-80% off retail). It's called babyhalfoff

And I got this bag shipped to Canada for 40.00

http://www.diaperbags.com/designer-brands/kalencom-diaper-bags/kalencomastepabovelaminatedbucklediaperbagveniceyellow.cfm?RNtt=kalencom%20venice

Has anyone heard of this brand? I'm still excited and read reviews and they were great but I know PSers have lots of experience with diaper bags :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results