shape
carat
color
clarity

DiamondTalk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zara

Rough_Rock
What's the deal with this forum vs. DiamondTalk? Seems to be a bit of hostility, at least from some of the participants there towards you.

dmdNewbie

Rough_Rock
But where did DiamondBrokersofFL go? They used to be the top several listings for just about any search, and now they can't be found anywhere on the site? At first glance that seems to be a disservice to the consumer community, which leads me to believe that this is more of a dealer's forum and diamondtalk is a consumer's forum? Someone say it ain't so
smile.gif

rockytalker

Rough_Rock
dmdNewbie,Please take into account that Pricescope provides free service for dealers and consumers. There are many other sites selling diamonds, which should also be included into our database. Lots of things have to be included into educational section...Since we are working for free in our spare time and still have very many things to be implemented we count on consumers and dealers understanding and support.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Zara,Unfortunately, there have been misunderstandings. If you like, you can check out one of the first threads where pricescope was introduced on the other forum. www.diamondtalk.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000094.html I spoke at length yesterday to Brad of DiamondBrokersofFla to try clear things up. We had a good talk-I hope it won't have been in vain. Life is too short to harbor negative feelings. There is a policy here about keeping posts on this forum to informational help for consumers vs. sales because we want to limit any possibility of competitive rhetoric. We hope to include more pages where vendors can highlight their services in the future. Pricescope will also be moderated to eliminate any posts that could possibly be considered abusive so that noone is harmed. Many internet forums are moderated in that way. A free-for-all is fun until someone gets hurt. Nobody deserves that.I'm glad you're here and feel free to ask any questions/contribute your experiences!
smile.gif
lawmax

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
dmd-This is a place for consumers first and foremost. Talks are ongoing with diamondbrokers. We're not sure that they want to be here at this time and are waiting to hear more from them. Some things should be discussed in private so everyone is happy and noone has hurt feelings. There has been enough of that and hopefully no more will be instigated from any front. It is often difficult especially when posting on forums for everyone's feelings and intent to be understood. Hopefully, mutually happy times are around the corner.
smile.gif
lawmax

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly--what a bunch of DRAMA. It is so easy to say/type things that you regret later.

I read DT as well sometimes but for whatever reason Pricescope appeals more to me..maybe because it seems a little smaller and easier to read/manage replies, etc.

Pricescope was by far the most comprehensive and easy-to-use site that I found in my diamond search; I love the search engine and the 'cut quality' engine...and even if they are probably not the most complete crawlers on the planet Earth, who cares!! It's free and helps customers get their foot in the door by having a place to start their searches.

Unless customers are willing to pay a monthly fee for a site that boasts it's complete accuracy of results as well as the housing the entire internet diamond inventory and vendors who sell those stones--there will always be inaccuracy and that is acceptable in a free site.

I also want to say that since I have been here Pricescope has not shown any hositility towards DT or it's members. I never even knew there was a bad vibe.

Thanks Leonid for offering and maintaining a great site!!

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
I have not noticed anything of the kind. In fact it was a number of positive references on diamontalk that helped me to find pricescope. I am very thankful for that. Yeah, pricescope!
appl.gif

I have the distinct impression that the majority of the people on diamondtalk have a very postive view of pricescope, and vice versa. They seem like naturally complimentary sites. I do like that this is a smaller and more focused forum, but I never saw a negative word about Leonid or Lawmax from anyone there. They appear to be held in the highest esteem by the old timers and the administrators over there and by almost everyone else too.

Wherever you go a small minority of individuals seem bent on trying to stir up trouble for their own reasons but they are easy to spot and ignore. Those kinds of people exist everywhere; it just proves you can't please all the people all the time.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I think we all tend to be a little guilty when it comes to "hostility". At least it comes off that way to someone else. It's so hard to know what context someone is speaking to you in, when it's being typed. You don't know that I'm not sitting here steaming while I write this, but I can tell you that it's all lighthearted. I guess it depends on how you perceive someone else's personality. Unless you're really being berated, do you know for a fact that it's hostility you're dealing with?
cry.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys
1.gif

Mara, this thread is over 2 years old. How did you find it?

1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't...LawMax posted it when she posted regarding the history of the two forums together. I read most of it...pretty intense!! We should just give everyone those big sumo wrestling outfits and let people duke it out in the ring. Hee Hee.
1.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
What did I post? I'm still confused as to why you brought this thread back to life.
confused.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your kind words Sierra.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow I have no idea what happened. I just saw the thread and replied to it...I thought it was a recent post!! I could have sworn that I saw it on the RockyTalky refresh (new responses/posts) area....but maybe I am seriously losing it!

Sorry...I didn't check the date on the last post..I didn't realize that this post was over 2 years old...sorry for dredging up old drama.
14.gif

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Way to go, Mara.
Trying to start something.
11.gif
9.gif
wink2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 2/12/2003 6:54:15 PM Mara wrote:
Wow I have no idea what happened. I just saw the thread and replied to it...I thought it was a recent post!! I could have sworn that I saw it on the RockyTalky refresh (new responses/posts) area....but maybe I am seriously losing it!

Sorry...I didn't check the date on the last post..I didn't realize that this post was over 2 years old...sorry for dredging up old drama.
14.gif
----------------
Mara, I'm pretty sure this was nothing you did. I, too, saw this thread the other day and also thought it was a new thread. And.... when I read it, you hadn't yet posted a reply, so your post wasn't the reason it appeared in with the new stuff.

For whatever reason, this thread was definitely appearing as though it were new!

Leonid, any ideas on why this would happen?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
This is freaky!! Leonid????
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results