shape
carat
color
clarity

diamondstudsonly.com and americangemlab = fruad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceberg86300

Rough_Rock
PLEASE SEE EDIT AT BOTTOM
------------------------------------------------

Recently purchased some earings from diamondstudsonly.com before finding pricescope, and it was a bad experience in trust after finding this website.

DS only claims to use and "independent third party appraiser" for thier cheaper diamonds.

I actually chose the diamonds I wanted because of this assurance. BIG mistake. I can make the proof available to anyone, as I took many screenshots of my research.

I found out that these two companies actually share the same exact address, and even a phone number. They even send you the certificate of appraisal to send to your insurance company, and I think my insurance would just laugh. They also encourage third party appraisals from an ASA certified appraiser, when even theirs is not. I want to get this done just to find out how accurate theirs are, but don't want to spend $200 to get a pair of $250 earings certified.

Of course this would have never been a problem if the company just said that they look at each lab ungraded stone and said they pick they best ones. But they BLATENTLY lie about having a 3rd party appraiser do thier work for them.

When I asked them about it they actually took the website www.americangemlab.com out of service for a day to redo it.

I'll post pictures later when I'm more awake. I just wanted to warn others when buying ungraded stones from any *****only.com website such as diamondstudsonly.com, diamondpendantsonly.com, etc.

Regards,

Steve

---------------------
EDIT:
--------------------
I recieved the product on time as promised. The website is actually great and very easy to use. Same 30 day return policy as all other online retailers.

My main point here is that they claim to use a 3rd party independent appraiser for their ungraded diamonds, when in fact, they do not. Buying graded loose diamonds may in fact be worth it, but I when that time comes I'll only buy from someone that posts ideal-scope or other images first.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep same place..

American Gemalab
MAPCO PLAZA
1717 S. Boulder Ave.
Suite 109
Tulsa, OK 74119
Phone: (918) 743-6661

diamondstudsonly.com

1717 S. Boulder Ave.
Suite 109
Tulsa, OK 74119
Phone us at : toll free at (800) 418-7678
Fax us at : (918) 699-0035
Welcome too the wonderful underbelly of the diamond industry.
Did you get your money back?

Iceberg86300

Rough_Rock
Girlfriend and all her friends like them.

Definitely better than all the B&M places around, seem clear and pretty colorless, but I was just looking at the "very good cut" but they are rather dark on the table, and in fact look like they were cut "for" size. Which is nice because they look big but the table is huge compared to overall diameter, which makes me think that they are rather shallow, especially because of the darkness. Somewhat sparkly, but they may be going back just because everytime I look at them I see the darkness, even though there is some flash in there.

Double edged sword because I am becoming more knowlegable because of this site, but she nor her friends can tell the difference. Probably because they have never been to pricescope!

Was hoping to get them under an Ideal scope before I make my final decision. Don''t know if it will help though, because they are in 3 prong martini settings.

Anyone know how much a jeweler would charge to remove them from settings?

Regards,

Steve

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
tsk tsk

"Our certified diamond earrings come with a grading report from an
unbiased third party who has carefully examined and recorded the cut, color, clarity, and carat weight of your diamonds. The Gemological Institute of America (GIA) is regarded as the foremost authority on diamond grading and education. We use only GIA Graduate Gemologists to evaluate our diamonds."

Makes it sound like its a GIA report they come with don''t it?

hmmm BBB, JVC, GIA, IGI and AGS logos on the page too.
I feel the need too wash my monitor.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 3:01:58 AM
Author: Iceberg86300
Girlfriend and all her friends like them.

Definitely better than all the B&M places around, seem clear and pretty colorless, but I was just looking at the ''very good cut'' but they are rather dark on the table, and in fact look like they were cut ''for'' size. Which is nice because they look big but the table is huge compared to overall diameter, which makes me think that they are rather shallow, especially because of the darkness. Somewhat sparkly, but they may be going back just because everytime I look at them I see the darkness, even though there is some flash in there.

Double edged sword because I am becoming more knowlegable because of this site, but she nor her friends can tell the difference. Probably because they have never been to pricescope!

Was hoping to get them under an Ideal scope before I make my final decision. Don''t know if it will help though, because they are in 3 prong martini settings.

Anyone know how much a jeweler would charge to remove them from settings?

Regards,

Steve
get the aset instead of the IS and view them set...
ASET is easier too use on set stones.

Iceberg86300

Rough_Rock
Ha Ha, exactly! I''ve got all the info I need to prove my case, so It is probably going to the BBB. Not sure what I can do about all the GIA, IGI, etc. Not sure if they will do anything because they actually do sell graded stones. Or at least they claim to.

They even tried to explain the "coincidence" as they said, in a reply to my email. "The appraiser doesn''t do websites well so we made it for her, that is why her domain name is registered to us." Made me sick. But also made me dig deeper and take screenshots of everything.

Just wanted to warn everyone. Because their "great" website makes one trust them very easily.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I started too walk away then said wait a minute...
Your yelling fraud on a huge public website on a purchase you are seriously considering keeping?

ok storm is confusincated, why would you reward someone you are accusing of fraud?

Iceberg86300

Rough_Rock
Yeah, it is late. I''m not sure what I''m thinking.

The only thought I''m having if my girlfriend actually likes them, maybe I got lucky because I started questioning them before anything shipped and they picked out a decent pair. I''m just kind of turned off by the entire industry at this point, and don''t want to go through all of it again.

They look better then anything locally.........but I really don''t want to give my money to a place with shady business practices.

I really don''t know what to do.....all of this and all I''ve learned off this site really has me sick about what to do, because I''m not buying something worth grading or picturing and don''t want to get in deeper by trying again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results