shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamondseeker2006, Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!:appl::appl:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and the best wishes!!!! :boohoo:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations DS and DH!! You are truly blessed. Here’s to the next 40! :appl::appl::appl::appl:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary to you and your DH!!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! Wishing you all the best on this special day!! Happiest wishes for many many many more to come!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate all these sweet comments so much!!! I love my PS friends! I have had company all week and still do, but I wanted to stop in to say "thank you"!!!

To answer a question asked, I'd say the secret to the long marriage is commitment and shared values. Even though we disagree or argue just like anyone else, we never said the "d" word in all these years. So we've stuck through the good and not so good times, and we are still happy to be together!

I have a long trip list. My husband's job was not such that he could take off longer than a week, and he'd get calls even when he was on vacation. That's why he was determined to retire early! We are looking at Alaska cruises, river cruises on the Danube and through Russia, Mediterranean cruise including Greece and Santorini, land tours of Scotland and Italy, a couple of National Parks, Canadian Rockies, Israel, and I am sure there are others. So those should take us the next 7-8 years to do in addition to our usual beach and mountain trips closer to home!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and I should add one more thing regarding a long marriage! My husband is generous and never once has said no to my jewelry requests or purchases. I have to use a lot of self-control because of that! :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 40th Anniversary to you and your hubby, DS. Wow, what a milestone!:appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to you both!:clap: Now we need to find new bling projects for you to celebrate each upcoming anniversary with!:dance:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
41 years! I'm a year late!
Congratulations on 41 years!
I'm so happy that your DH has retired and the two of you can enter a new chapter.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing your advice DS. My husband has never said no to bling for me either. I think I will keep him!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Happy anniversary DS!
God Bless you guys for being able to do what it takes to stay together for the long haul. It's a true achievement.
You may have heard the old joke-
one guy says "I've been married for 20 years."
The other guys says, that's nothing- I was married for 21 years. Ten to the first wife, 6 to the second wife, and five to the third.":lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary DS!
God Bless you guys for being able to do what it takes to stay together for the long haul. It's a true achievement.
You may have heard the old joke-
one guy says "I've been married for 20 years."
The other guys says, that's nothing- I was married for 21 years. Ten to the first wife, 6 to the second wife, and five to the third.":lol:

Thanks, David!!! You know, there is some truth to the fact that there is a financial advantage to staying together...it allows for more bling funds!:lol: That second guy is probably paying out too much in child support, plus splitting assets, etc!

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to you both! Happy anniversary =)

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations DS!!! I shall let my DH know that never saying no to wife's jewelry requests is the secret to a long happy marriage;)2

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Happy Anniversary DS! I can't wait to hear where you decide to go! Here's to many more happy years together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results