shape
carat
color
clarity

diamondsafe.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yamaguchi

Rough_Rock
Recently, I was thinking about upgrading the diamond on a 1.16 ct. solitary diamond, 18kt yellow gold ring I bought at diamondsafe.com six years ago. The ring cost $4,500. It was our first diamond and I knew very little about diamonds at that time. When I pulled out the EGL cert. on the stone I was reminded that it was a VS2, I but discovered that the table was 65%. I have read that a diamond with a table of 65% isn''t good at all and probably shouldn''t even be bought.

After reviewing diamondsafe.com website I decided on a replacement stone priced at about $8,800. I emailed diamondsafe with my desire to upgrade along with detailed information on the ring that I had purchased from them in 2001. Diamondsafe.com ignored my email so I emailed the GIA certified sales person (Marcy Friedman) at diamondsafe.com who had originally sold me the ring. She ignored my email as well.

Can you figure out why diamondsafe.com would decide to ignore a request for "after sale service"? Wouldn''t it be better to reply to a past customer''s request and simply say that they are not interested in participating in the upgade?

Lastly, after looking around, I found Diamondsafe.com''s $8,800 diamond on another website for over $1,000 less. It was the same diamond since it has the same GIA number 15864895.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Do you know for a fact that this company has an upgrade policy? I saw nothing about it on their site.

Anyway, I would call them. Emails can get lost. They may not be ignoring you. They just may have never gotten the email.

The diamonds offered by this company seem to be lacking in quality. They don't even offer any AGS graded diamonds
8.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Jazmine; call them, especially since e-mails have not worked. Also, though I too see nothing on their website describing an upgrade policy, one could only speculate about their wllingness to do so until this is reviewed with them.

Also, re the diamond seen elsewhere, that''s largely explained here.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Assuming there is no upgrade policy, I would suggest starting over, with a company who clearly has one. And I agree with Jazmine, their selection leaves a bit to be desired.

Here''s a couple very reputable online cos. that many here on the board have bought from, including myself. They have a lifetime upgrade policy.

http://204.17.89.15/Home/

http://www.whiteflash.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results