shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spags

Rough_Rock
i have two diamonds that my girlfriend and i are considering. as we are just learning about what to look for, i''m curious about what you all would say about them. they are from two different jewelers.

the first is a 1.28 carat round brilliant
measurements 7.09 - 7.15 X4.25mm
depth 59.7%
table 58.9%
girdle very thin to medium
culet none
polish very good
symmetry good
h vs2
faint flourescence

the second is a 1.34 carat round brilliant
measurements 7.03 7.09 X 4.39mm
depth 62.2%
table 54%
girdle thin to slightly thick
culet none
polish very good
symmetry very good
G VS2
no flourescence

we''ve been quoted roughly the same price for both diamonds. i''ve spoken with someone who has written a book on buying diamonds. he said the first was a better diamond but the girdle was too thin. also that the price we were quoted was considerably lower than it''s marketprice, which didn''t seem understandable. and the second the depth is too high so it''s completely not a contender. from what i''ve listed above do any of you have thoughts on these two diamonds? is one better than the other? should we continue to look? any help is appreciated.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The data you've posted is incomplete if you'd really like valuable input. We'd need to know crown & pavilion angles for a better idea on which is going to be more attractive.

While the "very thin" girdle throws up a red flag it really depends how much of the girdle the "very thin" portion is. If it's a very minor portion of the girdle then it may not be a big deal. If it takes up a lot of the girdle then it's an issue. A qualified gemologist/appraiser should be able to examine and answer that for you.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results