shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds: To Leo, or not to Leo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NateDaniel

Rough_Rock
I just recently bought a diamond engagement ring from Jared"The galleria of Jewery", It's called a Leo diamond. Very impressive information about this diamond's cut on leo's website, but I wanted a personal opinion. It's .32cts, VS1, and "D" as it's grading. Under the scope it looks wonderful, only a small white hair line on the bottom. I purchased it and it's basic gold setting for $999.00. Is this a good buy, or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks For you opinions!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
NateDaniel, welcome to the forum and congratulation with your diamond
1.gif

The problem with those "fancy-rounds" that it is very much depends on the personal taste. If you like it - enjoy it.

There were quite a few discussions about Leo diamond on this board. Here are just a few:

[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
hey, it's my post
1.gif

Nate, congrats on your diamond purchase. I too, had bought a Leo diamond only to return it. After looking at it every day for a month (before I gave it to her) I just felt that something wasn't right about the way it sparkled. It wasn't the diamond for me, and I knew it the longer I looked at it. Sure, it was pretty, but I knew there was a better stone out there.

I thought that the leo diamond would give me the most sparkle, which was why I went with it. As it turns out, I now own a supercert diamond that makes my old leo look ugly (to me). If you are comparing the leo to other mall quality stones, then it will look much better. When comparing it to a well cut stone, the well cut stone looks better (to me). You also pay a premium for the leo diamond that you wouldn't have to pay for a non branded stone.

All this being said, if you like it, and are happy with your purchase, there's no need to return it. Is it a diamond you love? It it everything you wanted? If you can answer yes, then it's a winner.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Comgrats on your purchase!!! The price sounds right... On the internet you can buy a good to very good cut round brilliant D VS 1 for 730-1000$ and the setting isn't included!! Is the stone IGI certed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results