shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds or white sapphires in wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
I was hoping the board members might be able to help me out with some opinions. My fiance and I are in the process of choosing wedding bands and we like the one in the picture below. We already have the pictured engagement ring and will be adding the smaller band.

We have the option of either having white sapphires or diamonds in the wedding band. I'm wondering if diamonds at that small scale (and shape) will exhibit the same properties as larger diamonds, meaning can we expect to get fire? If they won't have that I think we would opt for white sapphires. The price difference between white sapphires and diamonds is close to $400.

The band is only 4mm in width.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

ringwithband422.JPG

stci

Ideal_Rock
IMO, if the diamond are well cut and good clarity they will sparkly like crazy! White sapphires don''t.

The ring''s design is gorgeous! The band is fantastic!
36.gif

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Phew! I was hoping they would sparkle being such a small size. I love the sapphire, but I wish it had a little more zip to it from a distance. I was thinking the small diamonds would accomplish that.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
diamonds, 100%. Nothing goes together like lovely blue sapphires and white diamonds. Agree with above-at that size and in that cut the diamonds may not have big fire or flash; but if you ensure they are well cut and reasonably high clarity (I would aim for G VS1), than they will still sparkle and twinkle.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
vink, i''m the odd woman out here but i prefer the white sapphires over the diamonds for this particular band and wedding set. while the white sapphires won''t sparkle or add fire like a diamond, they will balance your set out. imo, the diamonds in the band might make the e-ring appear "bare" but white sapphires would balance it out. just a my thoughts and opinion, though.

mz

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As its been said, if you want serious fire, then go with a diamond. White sapphires are nice but they''re a totally different animal. It really depends on your expectations and what you really want.

I will say that if you''ve never seen a white sapphire in person to see its performance, it would be to your advantage to do so.

-A

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 9:38:35 PM
Author: Arcadian
As its been said, if you want serious fire, then go with a diamond. White sapphires are nice but they''re a totally different animal. It really depends on your expectations and what you really want.

I will say that if you''ve never seen a white sapphire in person to see its performance, it would be to your advantage to do so.

-A

+1

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
This might help - this is my sapphire [similar setting except for the added side damonds]

DSC_5754.JPG

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
I thought that I wanted to wear it as a siingle ring, but I found after 6 months that it didn''t look enough like a wedding ring, so we added this diamond band. I LOVE it - the diamonds are small - but the cut is great and they really add sparkle to the set!

lightseeker sapphire and band.jpg

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate it. It sounds like I should go with diamonds. I have to admit, when I see some random woman's ring sparkling all over the place I'm drawn to it. I think diamonds would be a great combination of bling with the dreamy blue that my fiance's e-ring stone is.

The picture below is another option for the wedding band. I'm not as partial to this one since I don't think it goes as well with the modern lines of the e-ring. In this case I think diamonds would be a must. At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter what I like, it's all about her
1.gif

ring222222mfw.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results