shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds? or CZ Moissanite?

allowingtoo

Shiny_Rock
Not a great picture I know. They look white in some light and blue in some light.

pic_4.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally can't tell that from a picture. You'd have to ask a jeweler to test the stones to be sure.

allowingtoo

Shiny_Rock
Here's the one where they don't look blue. I can't figure out what's holding the stones in on the end though. Oh wait - I do see a prong on the top right hand side, but not the lower left.

pic2_4.jpg

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can't ID stones from a picture but recognizing diamonds usually isn't all that difficult with some fairly simple tools and most jewelers are happy to do it for free and while you wait.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too hard to tell. Some CZs can look overly blue, especially in sunlight, but then diamonds have been known to take on a blueish tinge at times too.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My diamonds take a bluish tint in the sunlight :wink2: I got excited and thought it was fluo, but it turned out it was just reflecting the darn sky. haha! :lol:

OP, is this a purchase you're pondering to make? I'm guessing from your comment about the prongs that you don't have it in hand? Is this from Ebay? Paypal offers buyer protection, so you can buy it and have it tested, and return if there's a problem.

allowingtoo

Shiny_Rock
Well - I got the ring today (yes, it was an eBay purchase) and I opened the box, got my loupe out and my heart sank. I could find no inclusions. The stones looked odd. They had an open cutlet and they were all identical. I jumped in the car and headed down to my nearest jewelery store and they were closed! Argh! The only other thing near by was a pawn shop so I went there.

He took a look at it and said they were D color Single cut stones. 60 carats total. $160 worth of 18k gold alone. I paid $400 for the ring.

Whew.

I bought it for my daughter because she's getting married and needed a wedding band and couldn't afford one - now I don't want to give it up :)

nikki815

Rough_Rock
Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. I followed the post and it says you bought this ring off of ebay..Is it by chance a size 8? Its remarkably similar to a family ring that has changed hands many times (death, divorce...). I assure you there is no problem with it, but if it was "the ring" it would just be interesting to have come across it. Thank you in advance.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
nikki815|1360096125|3372982 said:
Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. I followed the post and it says you bought this ring off of ebay..Is it by chance a size 8? Its remarkably similar to a family ring that has changed hands many times (death, divorce...). I assure you there is no problem with it, but if it was "the ring" it would just be interesting to have come across it. Thank you in advance.
This is an old thread. It's from Aug of 2012.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
nikki815|1360096125|3372982 said:

Look up her posts and see if she is still here. If she has a topic, you can ask.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results