shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds of Palo Alto?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steveklein11a

Rough_Rock
I live in the Bay Area and stumbled upon Diamonds of Palo Alto (www.diamondsofpaloalto.com). From my perusal of their site, and a quick conversation, they seem to be pretty legitimate. Any experiences with them? Good prices, good inventory?

The prices they gave me over the phone were very competitive. Thanks in advance.

Steve

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't heard any feedback on this seller that I recall, but you can search this site. Their return policy seems good. The educational piece on their site does not include any advanced cut information. It is difficult to tell anything about the cut quality of the diamonds they list on their site so one can't make an informed decision about their diamonds or the prices. If you are interested in working with them, ask for Sarin reports on the diamonds and run them through the cut adviser here or buy an ideal scope and go look in person. Definitely go through the tutorial here and read about the ideal scope.

JTM04

Rough_Rock
OK. Old thread, but maybe it will help someone else looking out there.

I went to Diamonds of Palo Alto. I did purchase my diamond and had them make a custom ring. Competitive prices, low pressure, and high integrity.

Very low key when picking up the diamond. Maybe a little too low key.
1.gif
I would have hoped that they would have sold me more on the diamond when I was looking, and maybe offered to view the diamond under a gem scope (although I forgot to ask). Since I do not have a trained eye I had the owner help pick out the one that had the most life. I don't regret my choice.

Their master jeweler was more then willing to sit down with me and help make a composite of what I was looking for. Upon viewing the wax mold, he was open to my comments, and had expert suggestions. The ring turned out better then I had expected. Although initially I was a little floored on how much a 14k white gold ring would cost to have made, but after a little more research, it was on par.

Later, the ring was being displayed on their website. I inquired and they offered to take down the picture without me even having to ask. Such a simple gesture shows they have integrity and value their customers. I would suggest Diamonds of Palo Alto without hesitation.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
why wouldn't you want the picture of your ring on their website?

I'm in the Bay and I have never heard of them..where are they?

JTM04

Rough_Rock
While I hardly would think that my meager design could be considered unique, but I put a lot of effort into it and didn't want it on display to the world. Some say the diamond is the hardest to pick out, for me it was the ring. I wanted something as special as the girl I will be marrying (forgive the mush). I probabably would have
14.gif
if I saw the exact same ring on someone else's finger. Someone in a similiar situation may be able to relate.

Anyhoo...

http://www.diamondsofpaloalto.com/about/index.html
Hours: Monday - Saturday, 10:00 - 6:00

261 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 320
Palo Alto, California 94301

Go down University and turn left on Ramona. If you cross Hamilton, there's a parking structure right there.

hsieh

Rough_Rock
Your experience differs from my experience. I agree no pressure from the guy (Israel?) at Diamonds of Palo Alto but I was looking for a fancy intense yellow diamond two year ago and he offered one for me a really nice one for $10K. When I said that that was way above what I consider fair price, he immediately dropped it to $7.7K. I told him it''s a beautiful stone but still too expensive and left with the photocopy of the GIA cert. Week or so later, at an online jeweler, I was able to get the same EXACT FIY diamond (same GIA cert) for far less than what this guy at D of PA was offering to sell for. I call that retail ripoff. They also call themselves "wholesaler" which is meaningless if they sell to the general public.

I don''t have a problem with jeweler making some money but that guy at D of PA was too greedy in my mind. But that''s just my singluar experience. So I would suggest to anyone to shop around, whether it''s a stone or a jewelry. There''s a wide range of "retail" pricing in that industry.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results