shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds.net ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I have a jewler sending me an email with a link to Diamonds.net to view a diamond but it requires a user name & passcode. Anyone who has access, can you share or maybe look up this stone for me?

Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
why would he do that without giving you a way to access the information?

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea, LOL! Emailed me a link & haven''t been able to get in touch with him for the sign in info.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
He did give me the GIA cert # so I got to see the specs through GIA''s website, but I haven''t see the diamond/plot map which is my last criteria.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is a little wierd since it is a trade only $770 subscription service and you would see his cost price.
Not many vendors there list GIA certs, and not all certs have the plot, and with due respect, the plot may not help you much anyway.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 2:35:50 PM
Author: Tarams
He did give me the GIA cert # so I got to see the specs through GIA''s website, but I haven''t see the diamond/plot map which is my last criteria.

Just so you know the plot isn''t always telling...

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Garry. It''s an SI1 which is why I really wanted to see the map in addition to knowing the specs. I''ve emailed him to ask to whomever has the stone to provide the cert. I''m just frustrated, LOL! Thanks again
1.gif

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Neat, you & Garry have both said the same thing about the map. What is it I wouldn't know that I would need to look for? It's an HCA .7 stone, being an SI1 I wanted to see where & how bad it's flaws are.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 2:51:26 PM
Neat, you & Garry have both said the same thing about the map. What is it I wouldn''t know that I would need to look for? It''s an HCA .7 stone, being an SI1 I wanted to see where & how bad it''s flaws are.

You can''t tell by looking at the plot what the diamond will look like in person. You need to have someone look at it in person. What looks insignificant on the plot could be horrible in person and a very "dirty" seeming plot could be completely eyeclean.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/12/2008 2:59:53 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 12/12/2008 2:51:26 PM
Neat, you & Garry have both said the same thing about the map. What is it I wouldn''t know that I would need to look for? It''s an HCA .7 stone, being an SI1 I wanted to see where & how bad it''s flaws are.

You can''t tell by looking at the plot what the diamond will look like in person. You need to have someone look at it in person. What looks insignificant on the plot could be horrible in person and a very ''dirty'' seeming plot could be completely eyeclean.
Yes - you will probably reject keepers and buy dross if you try to use the plots.
I have never done it, and people who do have never been able to explain to me what value they get vs the risk factors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results