shape
carat
color
clarity

"Diamonds for Less"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

erion

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m new here, and have been looking at diamonds for a while now. I''m in the Toronto area and have come across a wholesale store name "DIAMONDS FOR LESS". There prices are significantly cheaper then the average retail store. I was wondering if anyone in the area had bought from them before? Thank you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 10:29:29 PM
Author:erion
Hi, I'm new here, and have been looking at diamonds for a while now. I'm in the Toronto area and have come across a wholesale store name 'DIAMONDS FOR LESS'. There prices are significantly cheaper then the average retail store. I was wondering if anyone in the area had bought from them before? Thank you.
Buyer beware. Wholesalers do not sell to the public. They sell to retailors, and those retailors that buy in large quantiities get a discount. Not the lone consumer. Do your due diligence and investigate... If it's too good to be true.. and all that...
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2009 10:47:16 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 6/24/2009 10:29:29 PM
Author:erion
Hi, I''m new here, and have been looking at diamonds for a while now. I''m in the Toronto area and have come across a wholesale store name ''DIAMONDS FOR LESS''. There prices are significantly cheaper then the average retail store. I was wondering if anyone in the area had bought from them before? Thank you.
Buyer beware. Wholesalers do not sell to the public. They sell to retailors, and those retailors that buy in large quantiities get a discount. Not the lone consumer. Do your due diligence and investigate... If it''s too good to be true.. and all that...
2.gif
Ditto Kaleigh

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Anyone who wants to can call themselves a ‘wholesaler’, and a significant fraction of the jewelers out there do just that. People tend to assume from that word that they will get cheaper prices there so it makes for an easy advertisement. Maybe you will and maybe you won’t. The dealer can set their prices and terms however they want and coming in with an offer that’s cheaper than average isn’t exactly difficult, especially if the stores being included in the ‘average’ are the expensive ones. T he solution is to pay attention to the specific deal being offered rather than how the store chooses to describe themselves. Back when I went to business school, selling things one at a time to the end consumer was called retailing. As far as I can tell, this hasn’t changed. There’s certainly nothing wrong with being a retailer but I point out that you’ve caught them in one lie already, before you even walked into the store. Be watchful for more.

If you find a stone that you think looks like a good deal, come back here with the details and the specs and see what the gurus think. If it passes that muster and you’re still concerned, get it inspected appraised by your own expert as one of the requirements of the deal.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results