shape
carat
color
clarity

diamonds.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newdiamondmike

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
First time posting here. I am shopping for a engagement ring and wondering if anyone had comments about the diamond.com.
Service, quality..etc?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Newdiamondmike,
smile.gif
Do you mean Diamond.com or DiamondS.com - they are different companies.Diamond.com is a big venture with $30+ Million venture capital organized by one of De Beers site holders. DiamondS.com name belongs to Martin Rapaport - one of the key figures in diamond business.I believe both companies are reliable, although I haven't heard any customer's feedbacks about them.At any rate you need to exercise the same precautions when buying online and educate yourself about diamonds. Check out www.pricescope.com/isitsafe.asp

Diamond.com

Rough_Rock
Leonid,
Unfortunately, this was one of those rare situations where all of the things that could go wrong, did go wrong. Site security was not the issue here. In our haste to send the customer a copy of his cancelled order, a credit card number was left exposed on a fax. All businesses earn their reputation through the trust consumers have in them, but most customers understand that mistakes happen.
Companies that are customer-focused react to problems immediately, as we did in this situation. Unfortunately, this is not always fast enough.
Thank you again for offering us the opportunity to respond & to post on your forum.------------------

Marc A. Ross
Online Marketing / Customer Feedback
Odimo Incorporated: Diamond.com Reply to [email protected]
Office # 954-835-2233 x. 1216
Toll-Free # 1-888-DIAMOND (342-6663)

Diamond.com

Rough_Rock
Mike,
I am glad to see that you are checking all resources before you make one of the most important purchases in your life. I invite you to read our review on BizRate.com and to call me direct if you have any questions. I do not work in sales nor am I a gemologist. However, I'd be happy to take the time to answer any questions that you may have - from company background to pricing & policies. Feel free to contact me via email or via our toll-free number 1-888-DIAMOND @ extension 1216.
Enjoy your weekend.------------------

Marc A. Ross

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mark,Would you please comment on Edge26m post above?

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Edge:I just tried e-mailing you direct and the message came back undeliverable. Please check that you have entered your e-mail correctly in your profile.Thanks!!LesleyH www.whiteflash.com

Diamond.com

Rough_Rock
edge26m: I apologize for the difficulties you encountered while trying to make a purchase with us. I have spoken with our customer service manager about the issue and she said that you & here have already spoken about these issues.
Although I'd like to try & get you back as a Diamond.com customer, it sounds as if your mind is made up. If you'd like, I'd be happy to help you select a different online (or offline) dealer to complete your purchase.
Feel free to contact me via our toll-free number or via my email address listed below.------------------

Marc A. Ross

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Marc,I appreciate your comments on the issue.If I can understand the problems with the programming errors but how can you explain the situation with emailing credit cards number? Was it secure enough to do?Needless to say that diamond business and internet especially is based mainly upon trust and reputation... Thus consumers expect their buying experience to be spotless.If Diamond.com/Odimo wants to build a brand name, consumers shouldn't be disappointed but their expectations should be exceeded.

edge26m

Rough_Rock
I just had an awful experience with diamond.com (no "s"). I ordered a diamond and when the order went through I was going to be charged significantly more than the price that was quoted online. Apparently, it was some sort of programming glitch and they would not honor the price quoted. But that wasn't it. I spoke with them and they said they would send out a copy of the order they received. They did, including my CREDIT CARD NUMBER. In full all 16 digits over the internet. It makes me wonder how secure any orders are that go through this company. Needless to say, I canceled my order and will shop elsewhere.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Edge26m,Sorry to hear about your negative experience with Diamond.com...
frown.gif
I'm going to let them know about your post.Thank you for sharing your story - it will help other consumers!

edge26m

Rough_Rock
First, I'd like to thank Pricescope for giving us all a place to explain our experiences and learn from each other!
With that in mind, I'd like to clear up some of the confusion.(Thanks you Marc as you have obviously looked into the situation) Coming from a programming background myself, I can understand the issue with the pricing errors. The major problem is obviously with the credit card numbers. Marc, there appears to be some miscommunication between you and your customer service department. Here's how it happened. While talking with customer service and realizing the differences between prices on my order sheet and the prices on her order sheet, she said she would send me a copy of what she received. This was the original order, not a cancellation notice as you state above. A cancellation notice as I see it does not exist as I have yet to see one. The original order was sent to me via e-mail as a screen print which included my credit card number. There was no fax involved at all, it was strictly e-mail.Hope this clears thing up.Thanks again Marc for your research into the the matter, but I felt it was neccesary to clear this up for the people reading as they have helped me through my search.

edge26m

Rough_Rock
E-mail corrected

edge26m

Rough_Rock
Sorry Lesley,The e-mail address is correct. Although it appears I have some sort of option selected to block e-mails from unknown senders. I will correct this later tonight when I get home.Thanks

mjmi1969

Rough_Rock
I am sympathetic to this customer. I have been currently scammed and frauded by this company. The details are very long and lengthy. The case is currently being disputed with my credit card comapny. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB, Consumer Protection Agency of Florida, and the IFCC. I would seriously suggest for anybody to think twice before purchasing anything with this company. If you don't believe me look what the Better Business Bureau of SouthEast Florida said about this company. "Based on our file experience the firm has an unsatisfactory record with the Better Business Bureau. Specifically, our files show a record of no response to two customer complaints brought to their attention by the Bureau. Also, the company failed to respond to a requested advertising clarification brought to the attention of the Bureau". Be weary of their so called satisfaction guarantee policy. You are know warned. :angryfire:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mjmi1967, thanks so much for bringing it up!

I think I should remove them from the pricescope list.[/u]

Phantasman

Rough_Rock
I just purchased an engagement ring from them (www.diamond.com) so, I hope that your experiencew were an isolated incident. If not, I will be sure to let this forum know! (The deal on the diamond was just too good - we'll see if the old adage is correct: "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is".:blackeye:

Phantasman

Rough_Rock
I just purchased my ring at diamond.com and found the experience to be fantastic. Excellent customer service and a fantastic diamond at an equally fantastic price (thanks to pricespope's search engine).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results