shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds By Lauren delivers! Let David cherry pick a diamond for you

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
About a month ago I lost my 2.14 carat diamond solitaire from Yadav- I was so mad at myself, because I’m a generally organized person so that kind of loss is so frustrating but also because it took forever to find a diamond with an amazing cut and I didn’t want to go through that again.
My initial replacement search started with Ritani (so glad that didn’t work out with all their recent drama), however sorting through their thousands of diamonds in virtual inventory I felt like there were way more duds than winners. I also checked with RareCarat, again finding more duds than winners, and frankly no bargains to make it go through rolling the dice with an unfamiliar vendor.
Enter Diamonds By Lauren…. For years, literally a decade plus, I’ve known of Diamonds by Lauren, poked through their website for some serious eye candy, even got the occasional chuckle from some very entertaining descriptions. Luckily for me, they have recently started to stock a healthy inventory of hand picked lab diamonds. In my replacement search I came across a stunning 2.14 carat F color VS2 diamond well within AGS and PS recommended specs, so I sent off an email with a request for the cost of the diamond with a custom solitaire. You have no idea how shocked I was to get an email from David (yes, the @Rockdiamond !) himself within an hour of my inquiry! He confirmed that he could get me the diamond of my dreams and the custom solitaire within my budget, and the diamond was put on hold that day. On Monday, he promptly followed up to finalize a few details, including my request for delicate claw prongs, even managing to squeeze platinum within my budget when frankly I was expecting 14k gold with what I allowed for the setting; By the end of the day, we were ready to move forward, and I sent payment. After receiving payment, David said there would be a two week turnout for my project (more than reasonable especially considering I was NOT going with one of his stock settings). Impressively, less than 2 weeks later David personally called me to let me know the ring was done, turned out gorgeous, and make sure next day shipping would work with my schedule. A side note, David was so fun to chat with- I know I benefited tremendously from his decades of experience, and feel so confident in my purchase!
Today, it arrived! I don’t know that his description of gorgeous does this ring any sort of justice- it is luxury, perfection, full of fire! He nailed every detail… the claw prongs blend beautifully into the diamond, the weight of the platinum is luxe, the cut of the diamond killer- bright white with that edge to edge sparkle. It deserves its own photo shoot, but I wanted to share a couple of snapshots right away
BE755FB3-F21C-437D-B713-B9AD32620D86.jpeg 8FE283DE-223B-43DF-863F-BE7739C56740.jpeg 791C7F5D-B341-4A02-B8F7-F96B2C847BDD.jpeg 10601E04-EC85-402C-817D-1FD24E398052.jpeg 3B3D051C-3E28-4A58-8493-C85BFB801A09.jpeg B9D27FF7-2D59-42D7-BD9B-B757D1B3708D.jpeg 01E58369-D19A-4D4C-8646-6975A7975989.jpeg 26B050D3-9757-4E8A-8C90-1DAF6CE13EC8.jpeg 553B0F65-0CF8-4765-9EEA-70E8FADC2409.jpeg 4547CCD0-2FD9-4099-B51A-0F5C2CA4BC8B.png
I didn’t want to put any pressure on David’s timeline so I didn’t want to mention my anniversary was August 7th (you don’t want to rush perfection ), but it was such a bonus for it to show up just in time to celebrate!
I can’t recommend Diamonds by Lauren enough. David made me feel like I was his top priority through the entire process, even helping with my insurance paperwork for the claim. I love that their selection of diamonds is vetted by professionals with decades of experience, and every diamond on their site is in house inventory. I appreciate that he worked with my budget- there was nothing I had to compromise on, they really managed to give me my dream solitaire. More than anything, I feel good about being able to make a purchase from Diamonds by Lauren, a respected and experience vendor, and finally having a chance to work with David on a project.

M

MillieLou

Beautiful diamond and GORGEOUS setting :kiss2:

Any chance of a photo of the side of the ring? It looks like it has wonderful depth. I love to see excellent craftsmanship!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s an amazing stone and ring!! It’s gorgeous and I’m so happy for you that you were able to replace your lost ring so easily with DbL. Great to know!! Thank you for the review and sharing your fabulous ring! Enjoy it!!

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
First of all, I am so sorry you lost your ring. That had to be devastating. But wow, what a stunning diamond! Thank you for sharing what sounds like a perfect experience with DBL. I'm about to hop on the site to take a look around.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring, Anangel! That’s a stunning diamond, truly.

I check out his website pretty frequently to ogle the new inventory. I think he’s knocking it out of the park with the lab stones. My budget is going towards house reno stuff these days, but someday I am hopeful I’ll be able to treat myself to a DBL ring.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamond and GORGEOUS setting :kiss2:

Any chance of a photo of the side of the ring? It looks like it has wonderful depth. I love to see excellent craftsmanship!
Here are a few more pics of the ring (I think you were asking for setting pics, but if not, let me know!). The ring is inspired by the popular Vatche Royal Crown, and the craftsmanship from their bench is truly outstanding!
DE3AC5D3-7CB2-46FF-A4CA-A72F81D18988.jpeg B96669FF-C245-42F4-BEE0-4B9E1101CE7C.jpeg D3D2113A-2274-46EB-A3DD-5DC50ECE1326.jpeg

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, I am so sorry you lost your ring. That had to be devastating. But wow, what a stunning diamond! Thank you for sharing what sounds like a perfect experience with DBL. I'm about to hop on the site to take a look around.
I really sucked losing my old ring- sometimes, I think life has a sense of irony… about a week before I lost my ring, my daughter lost one of her favorite stuffies and I gave her a lot of grief because it was imported and not cheap to replace, so oh when mama lost ring…!
The best thing to come out of this was the chance to work with DBL. David made the replacement painless, giving me some helpful advice on who to keep insurance with (he said Jewelers Mutual was a good choice) and how to file my claim.
If you are considering purchasing a lab diamond ring, don’t hesitate to shoot them an email and ask questions! He was very friendly without being pushy, and made me feel like important- I can’t emphasize that enough because so many other companies left me with unanswered questions or made me feel like I was just one in a sea of emails. David was attentive, quick to respond, and delivered above what was promised.

Last edited:
M

MillieLou

Ahh.. now that is stunning craftsmanship. Thank you for the extra photos, yes that's exactly what I meant! I love to see a properly made ring with decent weight!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
While heartbreaking indeed to have lost your other ring, I'm so glad to hear that the replacement process was made so easy with DBL!

That rock is a stunner, and how fantastic is it that you were able to get platinum over 14k for the setting?! Icing on the cake combined with such a wonderful experience. ^_^

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh.. now that is stunning craftsmanship. Thank you for the extra photos, yes that's exactly what I meant! I love to see a properly made ring with decent weight!

Thanks for the kind words!
Of interest, I sent some inspiration pictures, and a sample with some measurements but never asked for a CAD- David asked if it was okay for his bench to design the ring around the diamond and I decided to just trust the process.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary! Gorgeous ring and it looks perfect on your hand! Enjoy it for many years to come.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wooooow this is stunning! What a classic! The platinum looks awesome. David is so nice, ive purchased from him before and he gives every sale 100% of his attention, no matter how small of a purchase price.
Congrats!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's just beautiful. Happy Anniversary!
It's always sad to lose a piece, but this replacement is a pretty great consolation:lickout:

Super beautiful! :love:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Wowww its perfection! David is great and his brnch is super skilled

I’ll be honest, after getting this new solitaire, the pain of the loss of my previous ring is very quickly fading. :lol-2:
I am super impressed with not only what he did in my budget, but even more so, the quality of the work. I seriously wish I could show you these prongs in person- they are legit perfection!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is stunning. I'm sorry you lost your ring, but the new one is absolutely gorgeous. Happy anniversary!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! Congratulations!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Love it with your eternity band! Glad to hear that David really took care of everything. Sounds like it came together
pretty easily!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I've never bought from them, but they were one of the first jewelers I started following and they're still one of my favorites for whose inventory I like to browse. I really like that they offer more than just super-ideal, white diamonds. It's nice to see variety and its really nice to see colors!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Anniversary and what a great way to celebrate! It's amazing.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Love it with your eternity band! Glad to hear that David really took care of everything. Sounds like it came together
pretty easily!
Thank you! I’m thinking of getting a quote on a plain platinum band to go with the solitaire because it really holds its own so well.
David was so fantastic to work with- as much as I love researching, it was so nice to know someone else had evaluated and approved my diamond, and to just trust the bench with the setting. I’m just thrilled with the outcome!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting this—I didn’t know Diamonds by Lauren had started carrying lab stones. Your ring came out gorgeous!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
It is incredibly beautiful! Congrats on your anniversary!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results