shape
carat
color
clarity

diamonds and titanium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

myrah

Rough_Rock
I would like to have a diamond place in my titanium band. Is this possible or should I purchase a new band with a diamond already in place?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
A jeweler told me this story, that will answer your question I think.

He was doing an inscription on a titanium wedding band, and made a mistake in the lettering. He decided to just buff it all out and start over. Well, it didn''t buff at all, it just sent sparks flying and ruined the polishing head he was using. They had to just order a new band for the customer and start the inscription over again. I''m not exactly sure how they could do the inscription in the first place if titanium is so tough it can''t be polished, but there you have it. If you can find a jeweler who has done this in the past with great success, then have a diamond put in. Otherwise, I''d order a new one.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you''d be better off ordering an new band that already has the diamond in place. Not worth the hassle or expense of having one put in your current band. Could be wrong though.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2005 1:38:01 PM
Author:myrah
I would like to have a diamond place in my titanium band. Is this possible or should I purchase a new band with a diamond already in place?
A jeweler who makes Ti rings could answer that... I don''t know what to look for. Few do and this is a specialized type of work involving skills and tools different from jewelry making in traditional metals. So.. chances are local custom jewelry shops that work precious metals would not be able to do it.

On this forum Boone Rings got pretty good feedback. This is the site

It is not uncommon to have Ti rings made on order with the client''s diamond. Supplying your ring to be modified sounds more exotic, but it can''t hurt to ask.

My 2c

myrah

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results