shape
carat
color
clarity

diamonds and clarity for jewelery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrchips

Rough_Rock
hi all,

i''ve been doing alot of research on this board and through other websites and what not.

after speaking to someone at work who has boughten an engagement ring and done his fair share of research, he said that most diamonds with clarity D,E,F are more for trade diamonds and that diamonds G,H,I,J are better suited for personal jewelery like engagements rings and what not.

is this true? or is it personal perference?

thanks

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this could be simple or a bit more complex depending on how you want to look at it.... but basically, yes, it is a personal preference. unless you just need to know on paper that you have a certain color of diamond, get whatever your eye likes best. no matter what it is.

what is your question on clarity that your thread title related to?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think this is true. There are many people on this board who I''ve seen buy D,E, and F diamonds for engagement rings. I think it''s a matter of personal preference. Some people are very color sensitive and would say they see color in G through J diamonds. I have a G and H diamonds right now and do not see a hint of color in either one of them. So to me they were a better value than paying for a D, E or F. You should buy the color you feel comfortable with.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 12:26:29 PM
Author:mrchips
hi all,

i've been doing alot of research on this board and through other websites and what not.

after speaking to someone at work who has boughten an engagement ring and done his fair share of research, he said that most diamonds with clarity D,E,F are more for trade diamonds and that diamonds G,H,I,J are better suited for personal jewelery like engagements rings and what not.

is this true? or is it personal perference?

thanks

I wonder if your colleague meant investment diamonds? D and E can be what some have considered to be best for investment purposes usually along with top clarity such as VVS, IF etc.

Some prefer top colour and clarity for purity reasons amongst others, it depends on what matters to the purchaser.

mrchips

Rough_Rock
my bad i meatn colour. i was thinking colour and wrote clarity.

i got so much going on right in between lessons and kids asking questions. sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results