shape
carat
color
clarity

DiamondCalc results

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babeskidoodle

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if anyone has ever seen the DiamondCalc light return numbers come about with all excellents? is it even possible?

Just curious

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
That's a good question. I haven't seen it yet.

Hey Serg, Garry. What's the highest scoring set of proportions you've seen on the DiamondCalc program?

Rich, Independent GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. it aint that simple. Light return and contrast compete a little and Fire is still not complete.
2. Fire and light return will also not acheive maximum results at the same time.
3. It is better to use a Sarin scan of a real stone and run that file than use anidiealised perfectly symmetrical stone.
4. The accuracy of all scaning equipment itself is itself an added error factor in quoting what might or might not give the best scores for individual features.
5. do you prefer a face up result, or moving average?
6. Single view or 2 eye view?

Life is complex :(

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I thought it wasn't going to be easy.

It's like a seesaw. Once you get it perfectly balanced you can't get your feet on the ground. Always something...

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 1/1/2003 7:13:44 PM

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen the DiamondCalc light return numbers come about with all excellents? is it even possible?

Just curious

----------------

I think it is impossible for ideal symmetrical cut.
I do not have much information about non symmetrical cut.

babeskidoodle

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 1/2/2003 11:38:36 PM

Life is complex :(
----------------

boy isn't that the truth! Thanks for the responses I love learning about this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results