shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond without a certificate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simpson

Rough_Rock
I am looking at buying a loose diamond without a certificate.

If there is a number inscribed on the girlde can I obtain a certificate (to compare to make sure the stone is real) and how do I obtain it?

Is this way too risky of a move?

Thanks a million!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
huh?

You are buying an ungraded stone or just a second hand stone which the seller has lost the report? If there is a report number on the stone, you can usually verify the data on the website of the lab, GIA and AGS has that, I think a few other labs have that too.

If buying second hand, best is to ship it to an independent appraiser to appraise it and only confirm the deal once all the stats are match up.

simpson

Rough_Rock
It is second hand. Thank you for your reply.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto, definitely get the stone appraised by an independent appraiser. I should also add that I wouldn''t buy it from someone non-reputable as it could be a nightmare returning it. There are many many ebay horror stories, so please tread carefully.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 7:39:56 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Ditto, definitely get the stone appraised by an independent appraiser. I should also add that I wouldn''t buy it from someone non-reputable as it could be a nightmare returning it. There are many many ebay horror stories, so please tread carefully.
Ditto KC.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results