shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond with old lab report - should i be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ticktock23

Rough_Rock
Should I be concerned about a diamond with a lab report from November 2008?

I called and it was said to be eye-clean. I would just think if there was not something wrong with it, it would have been sold by now.

The link to the diamond is here - please let me know what you think about the diamond!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5945/

Nov 2008 is not that old.

November 2008 is definitely not ''old'' especially in the current market where diamonds are taking a little longer to sell than they do when the market is booming... That said, I always advise having the characteristics and condition of any significant diamond or jewelry purchase evaluated by an independent gemologist / appraiser - refer to the list of appraisers available via the Resources drop down menu tab at the top of this page.

Yes, that is only 15 months. Doesn''t seem that long during a recession.

Date: 3/2/2010 12:29:30 PM
Author: Todd Gray
November 2008 is definitely not ''old'' especially in the current market where diamonds are taking a little longer to sell than they do when the market is booming... That said, I always advise having the characteristics and condition of any significant diamond or jewelry purchase evaluated by an independent gemologist / appraiser - refer to the list of appraisers available via the Resources drop down menu tab at the top of this page.
Ditto.

Date: 3/2/2010 11:39:00 AM
Author:ticktock23
Should I be concerned about a diamond with a lab report from November 2008?

I called and it was said to be eye-clean. I would just think if there was not something wrong with it, it would have been sold by now.

The link to the diamond is here - please let me know what you think about the diamond!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5945/
i have my eyes on that beautiful diamond
30.gif
36.gif
don''t get to see many FIC stones. i know it''s a little deep for some of the PSer''s taste,but i love the proportions!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP