shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond with old lab report - should i be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ticktock23

Rough_Rock
Should I be concerned about a diamond with a lab report from November 2008?

I called and it was said to be eye-clean. I would just think if there was not something wrong with it, it would have been sold by now.

The link to the diamond is here - please let me know what you think about the diamond!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5945/

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nov 2008 is not that old.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
November 2008 is definitely not ''old'' especially in the current market where diamonds are taking a little longer to sell than they do when the market is booming... That said, I always advise having the characteristics and condition of any significant diamond or jewelry purchase evaluated by an independent gemologist / appraiser - refer to the list of appraisers available via the Resources drop down menu tab at the top of this page.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, that is only 15 months. Doesn''t seem that long during a recession.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2010 12:29:30 PM
Author: Todd Gray
November 2008 is definitely not ''old'' especially in the current market where diamonds are taking a little longer to sell than they do when the market is booming... That said, I always advise having the characteristics and condition of any significant diamond or jewelry purchase evaluated by an independent gemologist / appraiser - refer to the list of appraisers available via the Resources drop down menu tab at the top of this page.
Ditto.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2010 11:39:00 AM
Author:ticktock23
Should I be concerned about a diamond with a lab report from November 2008?

I called and it was said to be eye-clean. I would just think if there was not something wrong with it, it would have been sold by now.

The link to the diamond is here - please let me know what you think about the diamond!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5945/
i have my eyes on that beautiful diamond
30.gif
36.gif
don''t get to see many FIC stones. i know it''s a little deep for some of the PSer''s taste,but i love the proportions!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results