shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond vs. Ruby E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think either are really investments unless they''re big. So I wouldn''t worry about that.

Great quality diamonds are much easier to find than rubies, and my understanding is that a great quality ruby is very expensive, but I don''t know if they are more expensive than diamonds. I would assume so, but I don''t know for sure.

Diamonds will sparkle much more than a deeper colored stone, because it is a different sparkle. But only seeing some in person will help you make the best decision!

That''s all I''ve got...sorry!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamonds or other gems shouldn't be looked upon as any type of investment. I would think if you'd want to resell the e-ring somewhere down the road a diamond will do better because it's more traditional which more people wanting them than rubies. However, if you love colored stones a ruby can make a beautifully unique e-ring which some people like. You might also think about using both, a diamond center with ruby sides?

of course ms.flutter has the most beautiful Ruby e-ring i've ever seen
30.gif

click on link for more pics..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ruby-red-pave-halo.34793/

sunnyhandshot.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neither should be considered for investments in the size you could even think about probably wearing as a ring! Also, recognize that untreated rubies will cost a pretty penny too. Both are beautiful and you can''t go wrong!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that nice rubies are hard to find. I bought one last year and I have really paid attention to them since then and I haven''t seen anything that came close to it in terms of the color and beauty of the stone, except when I go into one of the really expensive places like Graff''s. But their stuff is huge and out of my league for sure.

I think you would have a much easier time finding a diamond.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine in case you want to see.

Rubyasn22.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
allison, is there a thread on your ruby ring?? it is gorgeous, I''d love to know more about it and more pics of course
1.gif

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Aren't Rubies just so delicious?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go for the diamond engagement ring and save the ruby for a beautiful right hand ring like Allison''s!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
If you have the desire for a diamond, get the diamond! I thought I loved colored stones more than diamonds before I actually got one. Probably because I really didn''t see quality diamonds in person until I started shopping for an e-ring.

If you want sparkle, get an ideal cut round diamond!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I replied to your OTHER thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results