shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Value and Apprasial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slick61396

Rough_Rock
I am looking to spend 4000 ona round diamond. i have found two in my range that i like so far.

.84 AGS Ideal, VS1, G for 3800

.90 GIA Good (64% Depth), F, SI1 for 3800

Because of the depth on the larger one, they are about the same size from a top view. How big a differnce will the ideal cut really make? What does an Ideal cut really add to the price, 10%??? What about the certifications?

How do i get a diamond apprasied to make sure it is really waht it say it is?

Any help would be great!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd go for the ideal or at least ruing the HCA on the other.
You need the cutting details, but an overly deep stone is rarely a great deal unless you just want more weight to impress someone.... Really, run both on the HCA and see which performs better, in theory.

slick61396

Rough_Rock
Is the ideal stone comparable in value to the .90 stone?

The jeweler explained to me that for the .84 carat it was 4800 per carat

for the .90 carat it is 5400 per carat. what effect will the ideal cut have on the price?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ou need a few more facts, but you could run a Pricescope search on an ideal cut versus aclose non-ideal cut with a bit more depth. You will see some realtionship to your situation and you'll be able to gather some data that might apply.

I would not guess at this sort of thing, but that's my suggestion for where you are right now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results