shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Value- About to pull trigger

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stt

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a diamond and wanted to find out if I'm getting a good value for the following. I'm told the following is an H&A diamond...the cost is $7,200:

Round Brillian
1.35 ct
H Color VS2 Clarity
D= 61.7 T=55
Polish and symmetry both excellent
no culet, no flour, medium girdle
7.10-7.13X4.4
Crown angle is 34.7%

First, is there enough info to determine ideal cut? If not, based on above, what crown ht, pav depth and pav ang should I look for.

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks,

STT:loopy:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Ask for a Sarin report on the diamond and post all the measurements here.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
with crown angle 34.7 degrees make sure the pavilion angle is within 40.5 -41 degrees. If the diamond has AGS report the numbers should be there.

To make sure it is true H&A diamond one have to check both hearts and arrow patterns.

stt

Rough_Rock
Hello and thanks for your help. I received the Sarin report and here are the pertinent numbers:

Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown Ht: 15.1%
Pavil Angle: 40.8
Pavil Depth: 43%

"Proportion Cut Grade": 0

Again, this is a 1.35 ct, RB, H, VS2, D=61.7, T=55, no culet, no flour, EX Polish, EX Symm, Med Girdle.

The cost is $7,200. Is this a good value? Also, with the following 3 stone setting on a platinum band: 2 0.41 rounds with VS clarity and H color....total: $9,700.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!:wavey:

stt

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response. The pavil angle is 40.8?:twirl:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cut looks great.
Do HCA and price searches from the home page (because that is all we will do to help you, and it is just as easy for you) and then you will be a fully fledged expert too :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results