shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond upgrade thoughts…

Sue Larkins

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. Considering an upgrade. Wondering what you all think of this diamond…HCA 1.8; stonealgo score 8.8. Thanks for all opinions…no ASET or other images available, unfortunately. IMG_0148.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't ever buy a stone without pics/videos. The 36 crown Is risky, and I personally wouldn't pay for IF clarity since it's not something you can see. What is the price, and why aren't there more pics?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too think the IF clarity just raises the price unnecessarily. The HCA of 1.8 means that it is worthy of consideration which would include images, etc. I would definitely have to see images and pictures before I would consider it; based on numbers alone I definitely would not consider it. Does your possible upgrade mean that you have to deal with a certain vendor or are you just buying another diamond?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the video. It looks like it's just a tad leaky.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If there isn't a cultural reason for F, IF, then you are paying for something you can't really see, as noted above.

Sue Larkins

Rough_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here’s the video, but it’s a moot point, as it’s no longer available. No aset or idealscope images.

Hello, Sue Larkins!
What is your approximate budget cap for the diamond? You have a virtual army of diamond enthusiasts here that will happily search out some great options for you to look at and pick from.

That one was listed at JA for about $30k.

Sue Larkins

Rough_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you didn't purchase that one, as the cut isn't good.

Edit. The JA one isn't good. But I don't think that's the same stone as the other videos above

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Report details and measurements match, so unless the linked photos/videos are wrong it just shows how much photo/video setups differ.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi! That’s the same diamond as the one I was asking about. I like it.

Yes...same diamond. I was just clarifying that JA also had it listed for about $30k, in case that was the price range you are shopping in so that we might find some great alternative diamonds from JA and maybe even some other sellers for you to look at.

Sue Larkins

Rough_Rock
Yes...same diamond. I was just clarifying that JA also had it listed for about $30k, in case that was the price range you are shopping in so that we might find some great alternative diamonds from JA and maybe even some other sellers for you to look at.

I actually saw it in person and it was still available. It is absolutely gorgeous…sparkle and fire galore, without any special lighting. So I bought it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually saw it in person and it was still available. It is absolutely gorgeous…sparkle and fire galore, without any special lighting. So I bought it.

Where were you able to see it? Would love to see some pictures!

Sue Larkins

Rough_Rock
Where were you able to see it? Would love to see some pictures!

I saw it at Adiamor in LA. I will post pics of it in the ring when I get it. They are custom-making a setting for it.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo ... yes, we love photos!

And I'm in LA and didn't realize they had a brick and mortar location here. Looks like someone is taking another field trip to the LA Diamond District!

Sue Larkins

Rough_Rock
Ooooo ... yes, we love photos!

And I'm in LA and didn't realize they had a brick and mortar location here. Looks like someone is taking another field trip to the LA Diamond District!

It’s at 510 W 6th Street. You need an appointment. They are on the 12th floor.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow. Can't wait to "see" it! A FIF no less!

cheers--Sharon

Sue Larkins

Rough_Rock

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Sue Larkins

Rough_Rock
It will arrive tomorrow!!!! Whiteflash ACA F VS1 2.07 carat in custom 18k rose gold bypass/over-under halo….Here are the photos from Whiteflash. IMG_0222.jpeg IMG_0221.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results