shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond trade in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know which online vendors offer this?

Also do you happen to know how much over the original purchase price one would have to spend in order to use this policy. (ex if the original cost $3000 would one have to spend $3001 or something more like $5000 or what?)

Thanks!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It depends. Many vendors offer trade-up policies on stones which you purchased through them.

Is that what you're talking about, or do you want to trade in a stone purchased elsewhere?

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
I meant the former Richard.

I know GOG offers this. (and i know he's on vacation and cant answer my ? right now) but what others do and i was wondering in anyone knows how it works.

1.gif

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
8.gif
No answers?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jen. I'm not familiar with which vendors take "outside" trade-ins, but I can tell you when I had my store I would take back my trade-ins at the full purchase price, while I would take in "outside" trade-ins only at what I would normally pay for them wholesale, or less if I didn't care for something about the stone.

It's tough for a vendor to absorb the profit which you originally paid on the stone, so be prepared to possibly take less than what you paid for the diamond originally if you go with someone other than the original vendor you purchased from.

Probably come Monday you'll get more replies to your query. A lot of the vendors don't monitor the forum over the weekend.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi

What kind of a stone is it? 4 c's!!
Many of the vendors on the net work on a very low margin of profit ,and most of them work as brokers It would be difficult for them to take back a stone for the same price you have paid for it, Unless they owned that stone to begin with!
Some consumers like stones,that the vendor would not have otherwise bought for his inventory ,and in order for him to take it back he either have to give it back to the vendor that supplied him the stone and who is very unlikely take it back for the same price he sold it for, or you have to loose some money so that it will be worth their while to eat it.
I would like to know what kind of stone you have and what you want to trade up towards ,then i can give you some better advise!!

Just my 2 cents for
1.gif

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
3.gif
Okay well I edited the other post, as you can probably tell, but my boyfriend replied this weekend while we were out of town and misread. It would actually be buying from a vendor and then trading it in at a later date. ....he really does know how to read
nono.gif
tongue.gif

Sorry about that...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results