shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Toe Rings or Diamond Hoop Earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well my 30th is around the corner and we agreed no big gifts this year...but of course the diamond bug is biting me again...and I'm wondering if I can find either a set of 2 diamond toe rings (eternity style, very thin, 1mm) or a set of diamond hoop earrings (continuous hoops, also very thin, max of 2mm in a channel or pave set style) for about $500 or less that I could pitch to my better half. Of course, he just threw me a surprise party (last nite!) where he had the food catered, so that probably was my diamond gift right there...but I figure it never hurts to ask.
9.gif

I found some earrings on Blue Nile that I like but I'm not sold on them...I really would love toe rings as I'm tired of my plain silver ones but I didn't find much when I googled in terms of what I want. Basically I just want pave, very thin band, eternity style with sparkle. Doesn't have to be ideal cut stones since they are so tiny and worn on the feet.

Anyone have ideas on either the hoop earrings or the toe rings? The BN earrings are .50ctw with I SI2 quality for $550, but the size (13/16") seems kind of small? Haven't seen a toe ring I liked yet online. Thoughts??

Oh and I thought about this $350 ring I had seen on Signed Pieces a few months back which was something like 0.50ctw eternity style and 1.5mm with G VS quality or something like that, for a right hand ring with my 10 stone, but when I looked at their site it was gone.
cry.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
you always mention how you're not much of a 'jewelry gal,' so i'd go with the toe rings IF you wear your current simple ones all the time. Since you have diamond stud earrings already AND platinum hoops you mostly wear, it seems like it'd be better to even the diamond distribution out to the following: feet, hands, neck, ears, (hair barrette???). . .

Edited to add: Nothing wrong with having the toe rings special ordered
9.gif
You only turn 30 ONCE, so make this gift a fabulous one and one to be treasured for a life time. Even though I voted toe rings, I'd also like to add that short-term trends maybe should be put on the side burner and maybe think of a piece that you'll still be wearing in five or even 10 years.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARA!!!
wavey.gif

I would love to see what you find for toe rings. I'll see if I can come up with anything, but in the mean time I just wanted to wish you a Happy Day!
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mara,

Just a thought. If you have a budget this year and you want the most "bang for the buck", consider getting ONE small diamond in the form of a toe ring, than a few small diamonds in earrings, which you'll probably want to upgrade to bigger stones later anyway!

I actually was gifted a toe ring recently with a small diamond on it, in white gold, and I can imagine it being made for about $500 or so... It's absolutely adorable, and since it's completely enclosed, I can just slip it on and off... and have been wearing it all summer long. It is a sort of bypass, bezel set, making the diamond look bigger...

Since you live in a place where you can show your toes more often than out here on the East coast, I say a good toes ring is a great investment!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
very true Michelle, part of the reason why I am not sold on the earrings is that I don't know how often I'd REALLY wear them. My girlfriend has a pair she wears daily and they look fabulous on her but I don't know that I'd want to be that bling every day.

I used to have CZ eternity toe rings that I wore, but now I wear just plain silver. I have worn toe rings for 4 years now, one on each 2nd toe of each foot...so they're not really a fad for me, I just like having them and having diamonds would be so much fun, esp since I wear open-toe shoes something like 10 months out of the year.
2.gif
But only if I can get what I want...aka eternity style in a very thin band.

Nic, I'd love to have them custom made, and if I can't get them this go-round, I plan to do that in the future...but I just thought if I could find something that was not too pricey and I would actually wear long-term...Greg may go for it. MAY.
naughty.gif

Also, it just occurred to me that I have loved the Roberto Coin diamond pendants for a while now...particularly the Circle of Life one which I tried on in a store in Vegas and it's $440...

http://www.badler.com/coin39.htm

So that may be an option. I also adore the palm tree but think that may be more fad-like vs a circle which could be more classic. Hmmmmmm.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the birthday wishes Kaili....Greg surprised me 2 weeks early with a surprise party last nite which was hilarious...I was not expecting it because the 'party' was supposed to be next Friday which was just a decoy. I'm a hard person to surprise so I was really impressed at the teamwork my friends and hubby had to finesse to pull this off! Of course after I knew, all these little 'clues' starting coming together....but Greg almost gave it away last nite when I was waiting for my friend to come pick me up...I was saying 'why isn't anyone answering their cell phones' and he somewhat smirked as he was looking down and feeding Portia a treat and I said 'isn't that weird' and he smirked again. For a split second I thought, hmmm I wonder if there is something tonite OTHER than a night out with the girls...but what really threw me is that Portia was spayed on Friday, so we have been staying home with her all weekend and I thought...no he wouldn't leave P tonite (esp since he was in around-the-house clothes and was nowhere near ready to go anywhere!). Little did I know he had it all set up that my sister was coming to stay with P while he rushed over to my friend Nicole's house and changed, while my friend Michelle and I were picking up decoy drink mixes and paper towels at the store!! HAH!
2.gif
Greg is NOT a planner, so I'm so proud of him!
appl.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
hi mara! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY
1.gif

i would have to go for the earrings. i am going to go search on Blue Nile for the earbobs you're talking about, i will keep my fingers crossed that Greg says yes to the new diamond purchase
9.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara,

I have had my eye on this little toe ring for a while now. Not sure if it comes in white gold, but I think it is very pretty.

I have ordered some thumb rings from them and they were great to deal with. They sent the sweetest hand written thank you card! I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff!
wink2.gif

The website is here.

edited to add: I guess I need a lesson from Reena on how to post pics from websites! Sorry, couldn't get the pic.

Maybe this pic will post!

Description: Yellow 14 Karat Gold with 35-58 Diamonds,
depending on the size of the ring

14K Gold Diamond Eternity Channel Band

Price $295.00 (and up)

SKU: 9G-T

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mara, I have diamond hoop earrings in white gold much like you describe--70pts total weight and I love them and wear the often. My only regret, is not buying a larger CTW (around 1 CTW would have been great, but bought what was available at the time....).

Happy BD.

cheers

Sharon

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
The reason I like the toe ring idea, is because the ring I have can be even worn on my pinky, which I have done when I have had to take it off (when wearing pointier closed toes shoes). So it's a two in one really...

It's a simple design, and you can get a nice sparkle for the buck with $500...
Here's the picture of what it looks like...

Either way, good luck and Happy Birthday!

Small on black.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I think the diamond toe ring really sounds like you! One note: I had a CZ "eternity" toe ring a couple years ago and it was very uncomfortable (I could feel the stones underneath) so I'd be careful about that style and maybe get stones just spanning the top of the toe. Happy Birthday!
1.gif

PS I think toe rings are here to stay also.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
very true Michelle, part of the reason why I am not sold on the earrings is that I don't know how often I'd REALLY wear them.

I have worn toe rings for 4 years now, one on each 2nd toe of each foot...so they're not really a fad for me, I just like having them and having diamonds would be so much fun, esp since I wear open-toe shoes something like 10 months out of the year. -

Okay, then DEFINETLY go w/the toe ring(s) since they're staple jewelry for you . . .plus it's raining here in Seattle so I have NO experience with exposing my toes to the world
rolleyes.gif
lol and I'm imagining your toes are free from the confinments of three inch high boots (which I just took off
2.gif
lol, so you might as well take advantage of the amazingly warm and comfy CA weather you're enjoying year round
9.gif

Happy birthday!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it's raining here too and I just went out wearing open toed heeled sandals...so I expose my toes year round. Greg says that is why I am always cold.
2.gif
What does HE know?!
9.gif

Jen...I had the CZ eternity ones for a year and the stones didn't bother me. I also have fairly rounded 'pads' on the end of my toes and thinner long toes, so the 'pads' hit first, and the toe area with the ring part doesn't hit the ground with alot of pressure on it, if that makes sense.
sick.gif

We'll see on the toe rings..I'm going to do a bit of research.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.qvc.com/detail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=zoom&item=J09283&tmp=pd&cont=001

I know you probably want real ones, but I figured I would throw these earrings at you.

My friend was recently wearing these beautiful diamond hoop earrings and when I inquired about them, she told me she bought them from QVC.

They are part of their diamonique platinum clad collection and they are really nice. They are a little bit long (1 1/2"x 1/16"), but I think look great with a pair of jeans , a tee, and open toe shoes. The total carat weight is 1.10 carats and I would guess the size to be about 1.5 to 2mm wide.

They have a thin pave look to them, but I think they are actually shared prong set and I liked them so much, I ordered them too.
2.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mara,

I was doing a search on pave and found this one..it's cute don't know how comfortable wearing a pave toe ring though!

http://www.footcandy.com/toe-rings/14klimedtoer.htm

BTW, are you still interested in the roberto coin pendants? I have two and I love them. Really small and dainty..PM me if you are, I know jeweler in the bayarea that I go to and he gave me a discount on them..the only place that i found would do that!
21.gif

Edit to say: ohhh, just reread that you're looking for pave.so maybe you wil like it! Make sure you click on top to view all the toe rings..they have more cute ones.
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eh well I did some more research and I think the toe rings are going to be out of my budget range this time around. But I'm still eyeballing the Roberto Coin circle. Of course I went into C&H Premier at the mall this week (they carry HOF and I like to goggle at the large stones and try them on to compare them to my stone..) and they had the circle pendant but the slightly larger one. The one I tried on before was .10c for $400 and this one was .26c for $700. Better deal!
9.gif
The sales gal asked in typical sales gal manner..why would you want something smaller than this? Well because I'm CHEAP?
2.gif

Anyway...still thinking about the .10c one so we'll see what happens. Or I may just take a birthday raincheck and couple it with 1st anniversary next year for my e-ring upgrade.
naughty.gif

Thanks for the help all!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mara, not sure if you have decided for sure on the Roberto Coin, but here's a much cheaper alternative, perhaps it can be a pick-me-up gift sometime, if not for your birthday.

It's actually a pinkie ring, but I am sure it can be worn also as a toe ring. It's not eternity, but it's fairly cheap!

I saw it and thought of you and all those who would like a pinkie ring or a toe ring for about $300...and it would make cute bridesmaids gifts...

pinkie rings1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion Nic...but it's out of my hands now.
2.gif
Today is my birthday and I planted the bug with Greg last week on where to go for R. Coin and what I liked....I may or may not get something sparkly...BUT we are going to a fabulous dinner tonite at one of my fave restaurants, La Fondue.
love.gif
I am not having any lunch so I can gorge myself at dinner and they will have to roll me out.
9.gif

I had a client meeting this morning, but the rest of the day is filled with a massage, manicure, pedicure, shopping...
2.gif
I figure money spent on your birthday doesn't count.
11.gif

Oh and Portia is going to the groomers...they make fabulous babysitters.
naughty.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lib!
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
30? thats old
happy old timers day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results