shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Tester

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsyrose1

Rough_Rock
I am interested in a diamond tester.How much do they cost and where could I purchase one?
The kind I am talking about are the ones that when you touch the tip of it to the diamond it will light up and tell you if it is real or not.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey that was said tongue in cheek (ha ha). No nastyness intended.
Actually the tongue or lip test is not a bad one, as is breathing on an assortment - put a known real diamond and a CZ together with the collection, and on a piece of white paper and with a good light - breathe - the diamonds un fog 3 times quicker. It is based on the same principle as the tester and more reliable.
If you want to buy a tester then find a gemology course or get some books and read up before you get yourself in trouble.
Try my test. Divide the stones into definite diamond etc and then we will give you some other tests.

Gypsyrose1

Rough_Rock
Hi Nut Cut, I know you were just teasing!! I like a person with a good sense of humor. Anyway thanks for the advice , I am going to give it a shot and see what happens. I will let you know how sucessful I am. Australia?, how is it down under anyway? That is one place in the whole world that I would love to travel to and see. It sounds beautiful! Maybe someday I'll get lucky and get to see It, and throw another shrimp on the barbie! HEHEHE Thanks again for your time I sure apprieciate it!!! Gypsyrose1

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
With a name like that I will test you diamonds.
I stick my tongue out and feel how cold they are.
That is what some of the testers actually do.
I have seen graduate gemologists make mistakes with them. I do not recomend them for novices.
Why do you need one? Buying in second hand and pawn shops is the only acceptable answer.

Gypsyrose1

Rough_Rock
to Cut Nut, Were you trying to be nasty or what? I just thought they were kinda neat. I came across an estate sell a few years back . The person who died was a jeweler. I bought a box of misc. stuff and in it was lots of loose cut diamonds. I would just like to check them out . it is hard to believe if they were all real. Anyway I don't know if I could trust my tongue. Yours must be very sensitve. Maybe you could teach me how you use it. thanks, Gypssyrose1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results