shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Tennis Bracelets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to know where to look for good diamond tennis bracelets. Does anyone know of sites that show them with large stones and very little metal between the stones? I believe I saw my dream bracelet on "The Tradeshop"''s site once, but I doubt I can find it again!

Deborah

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Tradeshop no longer has the drawing I loved, but I wonder if a bracelet made from .25 carat stones would be what I want. The stones I like are about $500 each on The Tradeshop''s site. How many would be needed to make a bracelet *without* a lot of metal (just prongs) to fit a woman''s (small) wrist? (I assume one needs a 7" bracelet even if one''s wrist is smaller, just so that it drapes!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s going to be amazing with .25 stones. I can''t wait to see it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no, don't wait! I cannot have one made yet! I have been looking at this for years! Before I buy an Eightstar or a fabulously expensive tennis bracelet, I would like to know if my husband will be keeping his job after the current reorganization! And even if he *is* keeping it, we are still saving for our daughter's college tuition. The more we save, the higher the cost of college goes! (Does that mean if we stop saving, the price goes down?)

Deb

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF, here is a picture of my bracelet made up of 32 stones at .33ct each. I got it from Wink at winkjones.com. If you call him, he can have one made to your specifictions. In my case the bracelet is only 6.5 inches long because I have small wrists. You would probably need 35 stones for a 7 inch bracelet.

You can read about my bracelet at the Wink Rocks Again thread.

small _bracelet.JPG

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
cflutist, I did the math again here on this thread just for fun. I think it may have been mentioned on another thread but just incase not........

32 stones x .33 ct =
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
10.66 ctw

It must look drop dead gorgeous on your dainty wrist.
9.gif
It is beautiful to say the least. I love the little hearts in the baskets.

AGBF, I''m glad you found the picture you were searching for. Though I''m not a real bezel set fan, I must say, that bracelet is very elegant. It looks daintier than most bezels I''ve seen in ring settings.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2004 12:35
6.gif
5 AM
Author: Kamuelamom
cflutist, I did the math again here on this thread just for fun. I think it may have been mentioned on another thread but just incase not........

32 stones x .33 ct =
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
10.66 ctw

It must look drop dead gorgeous on your dainty wrist.
9.gif
It is beautiful to say the least. I love the little hearts in the baskets.

AGBF, I''m glad you found the picture you were searching for. Though I''m not a real bezel set fan, I must say, that bracelet is very elegant. It looks daintier than most bezels I''ve seen in ring settings.
Kamuelamom
yep, thats why is call the cflutist SUPER BRACELET !!! beautiful
10.gif
10.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist,

Your bracelet is exquisite and very much what I have dreamed about. I prefer prongs to bezels, although sometimes bezels just look *good*. I, also, have small wrists. 6.5" would definitely fasten and be comfortable, but the bracelet wouldn''t "drape". Somehow I always thought of tennis bracelets as swinging along as one was going to play tennis. (Not that *I* play tennis, so mine couldn''t go on such a walk whether or not it "draped".)

Your bracelet looks great on your wrist without any "drape"!!! That is really one great piece of jewelry!!!

Deb

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF, actually it does drape some (it doesn't show in the picture because my hand is facing upwards and gravity has pulled the bracelet down to the widest part of my wrist). I can easily slide my thumb under it.

When I bought my first tennis bracelet 15 years ago, it was the standard 7 inches to start. I tried it on, but it fell too far forward on my hand when my arm was extended downward. The salesperson who helped me at the time said it was too long on me and suggested that they remove 4 stones from the bracelet which reduced the length to 6.5 inches (I even got a refund in the price for those 4 diamonds!!!).

So when I had the new bracelet made, I just told Wink to make it 6.5 inches which turned out perfect. But because this bracelet is hand assembled (machine made stock mountings only go to .25cts), it isn't quite as flexible as my old bracelet.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist,

Earlier I went to look at the thread where you first described this bracelet. (Needless to say I missed it the first tiem around!) I saw the drape about which you are speaking in the photo of your wrist with *both* bracelets on it. I didn''t study the thread, however. Do you say in there what stone size is in you first bracelet? You must. I recall seeing the color and clarity of the stones in the first bracelet, so I just must not have taken in the stone size. Are they .25 carats apiece? They aren''t small!!!!!

Deb

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is one heck of a thread! I *loved* those bracelets! ALL the bracelets! It made me feel how behind I am in not having one when so many of the rest of you have such gorgeous ones!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Deb, maybe if alot of us get one at the same time Wink could give us a great deal!
2.gif

I think the diamond bracelet has replaced the chunky diamond band for my 20th anniv gift in 2006.
emteeth.gif
emthup.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/17/2004 8:54
6.gif
0 AM
Author: cflutist
So when I had the new bracelet made, I just told Wink to make it 6.5 inches which turned out perfect. But because this bracelet is hand assembled (machine made stock mountings only go to .25cts), it isn''t quite as flexible as my old bracelet.
Actually we make that particular bracelet by hand assembly no matter the size. It costs a little more to do it that way, but the bracelet will wear for many years longer than a machine made bracelet. It is a little tighter than a machine made bracelet, but will loosen up a little over the years. You will actually notice this because of its snugness now, whereas the machine made ones will actually loosen up even more, but because they were so loose to begin with you may not notice it. It is rare for our fine cut stones that we would bother with a machine made bracelet when for such a little amount more we can make it right.

Wink

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a big tennis bracelet fan, but I must say I really like that Tradeshop bezel-set one. I think the reason I prefer it is because the bezels keep everything looking "round" and neat.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2004 7:47:25 PM
Author: Hest88
I''m not a big tennis bracelet fan, but I must say I really like that Tradeshop bezel-set one. I think the reason I prefer it is because the bezels keep everything looking ''round'' and neat.

I think that is what drew me to it, too, Hest. The stones looked so clearly defined from one another. It looks like diamonds linked together more than like a bracelet *set* with diamonds! (And you know that I like my metal invisible!!!)*

Deb

*I am referring to my solitaire with its "invisible" band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results