shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis bracelet from JA

Ladyyen

Rough_Rock
Hello, I’m new to this forum. I just purchased a 4-ctw diamond bracelet from James Allen. The grade is F-G, VS1-VS2 clarity. I love the bracelet but kind of dissapointed that the receipt does not decribe the item in detail. It only says “14K white gold four prong diamond tennis bracelet (4 ctw)”. Since the bracelet is also available in lower quality (H-I and lab grown) and I purchased the higher quality, how do I know I get what I pay for? I understand that small diamonds usually don’t have certificate, but shouldn’t the receipt says the details as advertised? I don’t want to return the bracelet but I can’t get a piece of mind from JA that they stand behind what they sell. I don’t get this feeling when I purchase from Blue Nile. Help... any advice is appreciated. Thanks. 2031F259-E460-4D1D-9466-19C778F51702.jpeg

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think I can answer your question because you need to feel good about your purchase at the end of the day. However I like to share with you my crazy journey for tennis bracelet. I bought so many tennis bracelets in different carats from Bluenile to Costco. My first purchase was 2ct I VS2 at Costco on Sale which was beautiful but I got greedy and went up to 7-8ct which looks like I’m wearing someone else jewelry because of huge size. I regret returning that 2ct. Then I order from BlueNile and was not impress at their quality at all so back it goes. Then JamesAllen went on sale at 25% and I purchase their lab 2ct and it was even better than earth mined diamond Costco that I fell in love with.

I guess what I’m trying to say is after seeing scrutinizing and evaluating so many bracelets from Costco BlyeNile and JA, I feel confident that their quality is what they say it is. My only recommendation is that you need to see the lab created 4ct to decide if you want to keep your current one. I think at 50% if the price, it may be worth it to take a look. =)2

Here’s mine. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tory-grown-version.250831/page-6#post-4769551

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Alternatively, if you really want every stone to have beyond ideal cut with certification, I recommend this bracelet.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, I’m new to this forum. I just purchased a 4-ctw diamond bracelet from James Allen. The grade is F-G, VS1-VS2 clarity. I love the bracelet but kind of dissapointed that the receipt does not decribe the item in detail. It only says “14K white gold four prong diamond tennis bracelet (4 ctw)”. Since the bracelet is also available in lower quality (H-I and lab grown) and I purchased the higher quality, how do I know I get what I pay for? I understand that small diamonds usually don’t have certificate, but shouldn’t the receipt says the details as advertised? I don’t want to return the bracelet but I can’t get a piece of mind from JA that they stand behind what they sell. I don’t get this feeling when I purchase from Blue Nile. Help... any advice is appreciated. Thanks. 2031F259-E460-4D1D-9466-19C778F51702.jpeg

The invoice should have had a better description that would have included color/clarity. Have you called James Allen to inquire about this? They are the vendor and the only one that can solve this problem for you. I would tell them your reservations about the quality and if they won't put it on the receipt, send it back. The only way to know for sure is by an appraisal. Are you planning to insure the bracelet? What documentation will your insurance company accept?

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I think the receipt should reflect what you purchased in more detail. You should request something in writing from them. It looks lovely!

Ladyyen

Rough_Rock
Alternatively, if you really want every stone to have beyond ideal cut with certification, I recommend this bracelet.

I don’t think I can answer your question because you need to feel good about your purchase at the end of the day. However I like to share with you my crazy journey for tennis bracelet. I bought so many tennis bracelets in different carats from Bluenile to Costco. My first purchase was 2ct I VS2 at Costco on Sale which was beautiful but I got greedy and went up to 7-8ct which looks like I’m wearing someone else jewelry because of huge size. I regret returning that 2ct. Then I order from BlueNile and was not impress at their quality at all so back it goes. Then JamesAllen went on sale at 25% and I purchase their lab 2ct and it was even better than earth mined diamond Costco that I fell in love with.

I guess what I’m trying to say is after seeing scrutinizing and evaluating so many bracelets from Costco BlyeNile and JA, I feel confident that their quality is what they say it is. My only recommendation is that you need to see the lab created 4ct to decide if you want to keep your current one. I think at 50% if the price, it may be worth it to take a look. =)2

Here’s mine. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tory-grown-version.250831/page-6#post-4769551

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your piece is stunning. I love how dainty it is.
I was contemplating between natural and lab diamonds but read some articles that with technology, the price of lab diamond might fall. Has it fallen in the past that it has kind of flattened out now? That was my concern so I chose the natural one. Thanks.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can call and ask them, or alternately you can go get it appraised by an independent appraiser and he will use his master stones to confirm the color stones in his written report.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I strongly urge you to insist the JA gives you the promised grading in writing. Going to an appraiser does not guarantee what you have been sold anywhere near as well as the words, in writing, from the seller. Be insistent or return it. You can buy the same thing with the grading freely provided from every competitive seller Don't take a sellers verbal word for it.

Likely, you do have what you were promised, but you deserve to have a valid receipt which states the quality.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing your experience. Your piece is stunning. I love how dainty it is.
I was contemplating between natural and lab diamonds but read some articles that with technology, the price of lab diamond might fall. Has it fallen in the past that it has kind of flattened out now? That was my concern so I chose the natural one. Thanks.

I’m not sure if the price has flattened. De Beer recently entered the market of lab diamond to specifically keep the price of lab diamond down. They are selling for $400 per carat.

I think I see it differently than you do. I don’t buy the diamond for their inherent value or future pricing because I don’t sell my jewelry and no matter what, you will lose value (a lot actually) when selling back. So as a consumer, I’m interested in the better value and lower pricing for a stone that is chemically identical.

Also my receipt is the same except it does say lab. You can get it in writing by calling them.

Last edited:

jepr

Rough_Rock
I purchased a tennis bracelet in ID Jewelry and they gave me a receipt with a free appraisal with all the details including the color and clarity. Call them and ask for a more detailed receipt.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results