shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs

glow1818

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers!

I am looking for a pair of OEC diamonds, reset into modern settings. The studs I'm looking for would be around .4 to 1 ctw. Where do y'all think would be the best place to look for these, and what are the best markers of quality/ sparkle when looking for antique diamonds online?

Thanks so much!

luxe

Shiny_Rock
Old World Diamonds has a selection of OMC and OEC studs in modern setting options. I’ve been admiring them frequently!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Old World Diamonds has a selection of OMC and OEC studs in modern setting options. I’ve been admiring them frequently!

I was looking into some OMC and was interested in a few by Old World Diamonds. Sent them a couple emails but never heard back. Are they not in business right now?

luxe

Shiny_Rock
I was looking into some OMC and was interested in a few by Old World Diamonds. Sent them a couple emails but never heard back. Are they not in business right now?

They’re still actively posting stock on IG, so I believe so? Shipments may be paused right now but I’m not sure - it’s too bad you haven’t heard back!!

glow1818

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! In my search I came across these studs. They are listed as old transitional cut 1.25 carat. Color is X-Y-Z/Light Champagne & clarity is SI1-SI2. They are 800$. I am intrigued by them, but I wonder what that light champagne color would look like in the ear-- just like slightly yellowish/ off-colored white diamonds? Does anyone have any experience with champagne studs? Thanks. Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 10.13.07 AM.png

t86

Shiny_Rock
Old World Diamonds is definitely still in business. I'd try DM-ing them through instagram.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Look at Ivy and Rose as well. They have pairs and earrings.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

For that size, look at what I think is their sister business, called Peace and Carat.

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
didnt know about them, I am adding to my window shopping list lol

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
A little late and you may have already found what you're looking for, but OWD is definitely in business. I've found sometimes they take a little bit to respond or I'll have to message a second time, but once the conversation is going they've been great to work with. I have a pair of bezel OEC studs from them (.84tcw) and a 0.72 OMC bezel necklace from their Peace and Carat site. I'm very happy with both.

Thanks everyone! In my search I came across these studs. They are listed as old transitional cut 1.25 carat. Color is X-Y-Z/Light Champagne & clarity is SI1-SI2. They are 800$. I am intrigued by them, but I wonder what that light champagne color would look like in the ear-- just like slightly yellowish/ off-colored white diamonds? Does anyone have any experience with champagne studs? Thanks. Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 10.13.07 AM.png

These look really pretty in the picture! You’ll have to see them in person to see if they’re sparkly and lovely in person though, and what the color comes across as. My mother has champagne colored studs (but no brown undertones, only yellow) and she has set them in a YG bezel which really suit the stones. They look lovely in her ears (sort of like a creamy white in most lighting).

glow1818

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, thank you for chiming in! I ended up getting OEC studs custom made from Ivy & Rose and I love them! Just under .7ctw, very white, and 3-prong martini settings. @AllAboardTheBlingTrain if I had seen your comment earlier I probably would have gone with the champagne studs as your mom's creamy white bezel set ones sound lovely! Next pair :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results