shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs

sln

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, Longtime reader, first time poster....I think this is a trending topic and have read everyone's previous topics on the subject matter.

I was recently in NYC and decided to take a trip to IDJ and looked at some diamond studs. I mentioned pricescope, and got a price reduction on 1.4 CTW studs (not sure what the original price was). I am now home and emailed them for some further information on the earrings I tried on, I asked for pictures, stats and certificate, so that I can run HCA, etc. Is it normal that they would sell uncertified studs even when mentioning pricescope quality stones?

Thank you in advance for your feedback

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not too sure if there is any agreed definition on "PS quality" stones.
It is mostly used to describe cut quality of melees and smaller stones for eternity rings and tennis bracelets.
So.. a stone can be uncertified, but still well-cut.
And PS vendors do sell and list uncertified diamonds, and there is nothing wrong with it.

Buying an uncertified diamond as a consumer is a completely different topic
And, I would not use that term "PS quality" to describe 0.7c stones.

sln

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply. Would you purchase uncertified studs? How accurate is the grading that the jeweler would quote?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not buy 0.7c uncertified diamonds. I don't know what your budget is, but including the setting we are talking maybe 5.0k rish for 1.4 tcw?. I rather play safe and go with GIA stones.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely buy uncertified PS quality diamonds from IDJ...that's just how much I trust his stones :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I probably would with most vendors here.

sln

Rough_Rock
heididdl|1481849957|4107623 said:
I would definitely buy uncertified PS quality diamonds from IDJ...that's just how much I trust his stones :)
The ones I tried on were just under $3k.

sln

Rough_Rock
whitewave|1481850667|4107625 said:
I probably would with most vendors here.
Thank you. I'm now more than ever on the fence.

Q

Queenie60

OP - discuss your concerns with Yekutiel. Ask him the pros and cons of what you're considering. He is a very honest man. He will not try to steer you in a direction you're not completely comfortable with. Communicate with him - you'll make a better decision. Good luck and I am sure that you can work something out with IDJ to find just what you're looking for. :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought certed and uncerted stones from IDJ before. Most recently, two 7-stone emerald cut bands with 70+ pointer uncerted stones for my mom and I (2.8+ ctw). I trust Yekutiel and his eye.

I feel like the earrings you have are giving you mind clean issues. I would ask Yekutiel to find you the best pair of certed studs within the same price range for you to compare. Yekutiel always wants us to be excited about our purchases so we will associate the experience positively and want to come back again lolol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results