shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs

Irish-Lady

Rough_Rock
Waves hello from Ireland :wavey: so I have been a long time lurker and admirer of the blingtastic pieces I see here. Unfortunately I don't have a budget to match.

I would like a pair of diamond studs and had priced a pair here in Ireland with a local goldsmith for 1500e for approx. 0.75tcw. They would be good quality stones but I can't remember the specs exactly as it was over a year ago, the same jeweller made my 5 stone shared prong eternity 6 years ago and I love it. On perusal of the forum yesterday I followed a link to IDJ ebay page and saw a fab pair for about $1000 (US) which would be great value.

I'd love to get as much bang for my buck as possible and have a maximum budget of 1500euro. Should I stay local or would the IDJ ebay site be a good option? Bearing in mind I actually haven't checked if they ship internationally.

All thoughts/opinions welcome. Thanks a million.

Irish-Lady

Rough_Rock
Re: Diamond Studs - Based Abroad advice needed

Hi Folks,

Anyone got any opinions?

Thanks!

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Hey Irish-Lady,

I am still a PS student so do wait and hear what more experienced PSers have to say about this. But from what I have been reading over the past several months it seems that IDJ is a great option for a buying on a budget. If you call and ask for 'Pricescope quality diamonds' you can be sure to get a great cut (because cut is king!) for a great value. IDJ does ship internationally too, I just checked.

You might also have a look at Whiteflash, GOG and High Performance Diamonds: these are very trusted vendors on PS. After becoming a PSer, I frankly would never buy from my local jeweller. In fact, I bought Tiffany studs 2 years ago in the pre-PS era (for me), and I fully regret it as I overpaid by several thousand dollars (they are .5 each and I paid north of 6K!!!!! They do sparkle though) :wall: Needless to say, I am plotting to sell these (for half what I paid) and buy a pair of ACA studs from Whiteflash - they have an extremely generous upgrade policy with their ACA diamonds so that you work your way up to a pair of rocks :appl:

Hope this helps!

Irish-Lady

Rough_Rock
Thanks a million Fulvia. I'm learning too. I love a bit of sparkle and it would be great to go with a vendor who has experience of shipping overseas and also offer an upgrade policy, although with 2 children in this post celtic tiger economy I'm not sure when an upgrade would be possible but I can always live in hope.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results