shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs...why you love them

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
OK Psers who love their diamond studs -

Tell my why you love wearing your studs. I know you are out there because I have read scads of posts about studs. Here is my concern - I am only going to appreciate/see them when I am looking at myself. I pretty much only do that in the am while getting ready. Do you like them as much as your rings and bangles that you can see all of them time???

Thanks.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 8:07:44 PM
Author:bluehue
OK Psers who love their diamond studs -

Tell my why you love wearing your studs. I know you are out there because I have read scads of posts about studs. Here is my concern - I am only going to appreciate/see them when I am looking at myself. I pretty much only do that in the am while getting ready. Do you like them as much as your rings and bangles that you can see all of them time???

Thanks.
Yes, I like them as much. Sure, I wish I could see them, too, but not being able to see them doesn''t diminish the enjoyment I get from wearing them.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve had mine for about 7 years (before big ones got real popular lol) and I love them because I can wear them with anything, they''re comfortable... I wear them 24/7 and only take them out to clean them which used to be like 4x a year and is more frequent now LOL. They''re just all-purpose... dress ''em up! dress ''em down!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Yanno, even with rings......you don''t see them the same way other people do because you don''t view them from the same angle/perspective.

When I had a chance to spend some time with Mara, we went out to dinner. We swapped our rings during the meal, and it was really fun for each of us to see our rings the way others see them. I never see my ring from that perspective, so it was really cool to see it on her and see how it looks to someone who isn''t wearing it!

Yes, I know......we ARE sick! LOL

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have worn studs for years and they are one of my very favorite pieces of jewelry. I don''t feel dressed without them. They truly are classic and go with anything you wear and are perfect for anyplace you go. True I don''t get to see myself wearing them, but I know those sparkling beauties are there. It is always nice to see them again whenever I pass a mirror or sneak a look in the car (yes I know I''m crazy)!

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 8:19:09 PM
Author: aljdewey
Yanno, even with rings......you don''t see them the same way other people do because you don''t view them from the same angle/perspective.

When I had a chance to spend some time with Mara, we went out to dinner. We swapped our rings during the meal, and it was really fun for each of us to see our rings the way others see them. I never see my ring from that perspective, so it was really cool to see it on her and see how it looks to someone who isn''t wearing it!

Yes, I know......we ARE sick! LOL

Alj,............

That''s not sick! That was a really kewl idea! I hadn''t thought about it but you are so right! Other people do see our rings differently than we do.

For us, they''re at most, an arm''s length away, and right in front of us. For others, our rings may be just a glimpse or wisp flitting by as we wave our hand,........ Or sign something,.......... Or run your hand thru your hair.

To the OP''s Q,.........

I''m like Cerha. 24/7 except for cleanings. They are simple, classic, elegant. Go with any outfit. If you''re dressed up and forget to put on THE right earrings to coordinate with your outfit,.......... No worries. Diamonds ALWAYS match.

Not to mention,........... I''m too old for Gretchen Wilson hoops and I got tired of ''em getting caught in the hair brush many moons ago!
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have been wearing gemstone studs since I had my ears pierced when I was 16. Far and away my favorite earring style. They dress up or down. Always look and feel great. I hesitated to buy diamond studs because they are very expensive, and you are right, most of the time I can''t see them!!! Over the years I have lost a few earrings, so that was a concern as well. After finding PS a few months ago I decided to go for it and got ''ideal'' cut diamonds from a PS vendor. I was finally sure that I would get the sparkle I wanted for a good price. These are far and away the most expensive earrings I own, but I love them. They are beautiful and I feel beautiful wearing them.
36.gif

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! It sounds like diamond studs make you feel great. I''m all for that.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d say the same thing about make-up. I''m not seeing it myself, but it is certainly worth wearing since I think I look better with it than without!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like mine because they are classic.

i am a total minimalist when it comes to jewelry. i have my rings, i have a solitaire pendant, and i have white gold large hoops i pretty much wear daily. these three things. sure i have other jewelry but not too many items. some fashion stuff, some beads etc. when i wear something like a turtleneck with my hair down, i don't want big hoops hitting my hair etc..so i'll wear my diamond studs. they are perfect for something like that. or when we go out and my hair is down and i have a fancy outfit on...but something that is not lownecked. studs for me fill the gap. and i love wearing them when my hair is back and i have beaded wraparound pearls and crystals in a necklace or something. they kind of tone down the outfit but give it class at the same time.

anyway for someone who doesn't really wear much jewelry, i love having my classic small .38c studs. i want larger like .60's..someday soon hopefully!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I am in a weird place because I have great studs and I love them, but I have A LOT of hair so I can barely see them unless my hair is pulled back. I tend to like hoops or dangles, but I am thrilled I have nice studs. They go with anything, and you can use them as the anchor point to hang drops from, which is nice. And I think they are timeless...

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
DS - your analogy to make-up rang bells for me. I do feel better when I have some make-up on. I suspect I would feel better with sparklers in my ears, too.

Mara - I was thinking of .75 each because I am 5''8" and like a bit of size to my jewelry.

Plus, I am in LUST with those pink diamond jackets from WF! I was thinking 1ct round halo pendant (@ WF) before I became fixated on those jackets. Now I think I am on a studs mission. I haven''t worn earrings since college!

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
DF - believe I have seen your fab studs on one of the old posts. They are dee-lightful.

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
Another reason I wear diamond studs is to keep something in my ears so the holes don''t close up. I know, I know, I could easily wear another pair of earrings. But I''m lazy and diamonds are hardy. I can leave them on when I wash my hair and not worry that the acid from the shampoo''s corroding them or something.
I''m also like Cehrabehra, only take out the studs to clean them. I have screwback posts so I won''t lose them. But the irony is I drop the backing with my clumsiness and have to search for them!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 8:47:50 PM
Author: Fly Girl
They are beautiful and I feel beautiful wearing them.
36.gif
Exactly!

I don''t sleep in mine though, and clean them almost every day. Remember, a clean diamond is a sparkly diamond!
9.gif

*small threadjack*

Alj, so funny about switching, since I just mentioned that last night in the webinar. Did your ring look better to you? or just different?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I like my diamonds studs and wear them on a daily basis. They do go with everything. That being said, with my hairstyle you can''t really see them unless I remember to tuck one side of my hair behind my ear. When I dress up, I usually put on a dangly pair of earrings. And I am glad I have them but I think I may enjoy my rhr''s, bracelets etc. just a bit more.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love wearing them because i can have a ''finished'' look that goes with everything.

BZ

Rough_Rock
I have never really been an earring person, but I love my studs. I wear them every single day and only take them out at night because they poke me while I''m sleeping. As so many others have said, you can wear them with jeans or to a wedding and they always look great. A friend said to me the other day, "I put my diamond earrings in today because I always see you in yours and they look so sparkly and classic."

Now, if I could only talk my husband into buying me some other shapes.

Dory

Rough_Rock
I love my diamond studs also! I have double piercings, and most always wear two pairs of diamond studs. I like the screw backs too. Mine are not very large at all, but nice stones. The smallest pair is .33ctw, and the others are .50ctw. My hair is very short, and even with their small size, they are very visible. One day, maybe I can get a larger pair. My 25th anniversary is next year!!! I will have to be shopping and getting advice here on PS for that!
emotion-5.gif
Maybe 1ctw or something. I must confess, as much as I love my diamond studs, I still enjoy my rings more, since I can see them anytime.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
What wonderful timing this thread has!

On Monday, my 1.02 ctw bezel set diamond studs broke. The screw-back post fell right off the setting, but it was going to happen anyway.

So, I took the opportunity to get them reset in martini settings from my local jeweler.

Also, I just won a pair of .40 tcw bezel sets, so now I''ll still have a pair of bezels.
1.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love my studs because like some of you said, you can dress ''em up or down. My first real grown-up pair of earrings were teeny tiny diamond studs. I love how I felt wearing them.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE mine. I think that diamond studs are the "little black dress" of jewelry!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Love my studs. Had a pair of 0.51 tcw for years and upgraded to 1.03 tcw last year. I wear them 24/7 and only take them off twice a week for cleaning. They go with everything that I wear and I don''t have to worry about knocking them on things like my rings.

Somehow I feel powerful "girl power" that is when I have them on.

My dream is to own a 2 tcw pair
18.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that regardless of the fact that you can''t see them all the time, the way they light up your face when you happen to glance in a mirror is worth the price!!!

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
I''m SOLD!!!! You ladies make me want my studs now... First pendant, then studs... then pink diamond jackets... OK really, I have endless wants.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 11:27:39 PM
Author: bluehue
I''m SOLD!!!! You ladies make me want my studs now... First pendant, then studs... then pink diamond jackets... OK really, I have endless wants.
So glad we could enable, er, assist you in your decision.
27.gif
9.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
studs are timeless and can be dressed up or down. i feel naked when i don''t wear them. when i look in the mirror i sometimes catch sparkly glimpses in my hair and smile.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I just got studs!! I promise I will post pics soon. So far, I can say that I LOVE wearing them. It''s kind of for the same reason I like to carry a nice purse. It just makes me feel more put together, while requiring minimal effort from me on a day to day basis. Even though I can''t see them while I wear them, I love checking them out in the mirror and I just feel good knowing they are on.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:11:50 PM
Author: gailrmv
I just got studs!! I promise I will post pics soon. So far, I can say that I LOVE wearing them. It''s kind of for the same reason I like to carry a nice purse. It just makes me feel more put together, while requiring minimal effort from me on a day to day basis. Even though I can''t see them while I wear them, I love checking them out in the mirror and I just feel good knowing they are on.
I''ve been wondering what you thought, but I didn''t want to highjack someones thread to ask! I''ll be waiting.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results