shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs, tennis bracelet, eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Haven't posted for a little while. Had another child, moved to the middle east, came back to singapore and wasn't really in the market for any diamonds. Also went through a stage of not being 100% happy with my new engagement ring - got it reset 3 times. Would love a Leon somewhere down the track.....but its a large outlay for someone who is always changing styles.

I have really enjoyed lurking for the last 2+ years. So many beautiful pieces of jewellery.

Lucky for me, I am now in the market again to buy some diamonds. Its my birthday in 2 days time, My 10th wedding anniversay in 12 days time and I turn the big 40 next year.

So here I am wondering what on earth I am going to buy. In terms of diamonds I have my engagement ring EC pave halo, diamond cross with 12 x 10 pointers. The cross is about 10 years old now and I have stopped wearing it out of boredom, the cut is not so good . I have some small diamond pave huggy earrings A.K.A. tiffany style. I also have a wide pave RHR.

I would really like some diamond studs, a tennis bracelet and an eternity ring.

I have small ears and have tried on .80 ttcw studs....they just aren't big enough to sing to me. I have tried on 1.40 ttcw studs and they seem around the right size. But we are talking about using up alot of my budget.

Whilst I was in the jewellers they had some flower style earrings made with 6 diamonds each being 12 pts. They were alot of bling and very pretty.

My concern is if I buy the flower studs they will look cheap or they will convey, "I wanted alot of bling but didn't have enough money to buy a large pair of studs".

I also tried on a lovely tennis bracelet with 49D at 15pts each which was gorgeous.

I'm also walking around without a wedding band. I would like to get an eternity band of about 6pts each for a 4 1/4 ring size.

I would like to work within a budget so I could have all 3 and maybe upgrade later on.

I intend to buy from WF. At this stage I don't know if their small diamonds can be upgraded.

I'm wondering if I should re-invent my cross and mix them with some new well cut diamonds for the flower earrings? This will leave me with no necklace

Buy the small studs and re-invent my huggy pave earrings so I end up with A.K.A ritani studs. This will leave me with only the eternity ring unless I downsize and get a 5pter each tennis bracelet instead of 15pts.

So I guess this is where I do the poll.

I will post my e-ring when I get a chance.

Thanks. Look forward to your opinions

Whoops anyone know how I do the poll......I'm so in the dark ages here.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably put of the items you listed, only the diamond studs will be upgradable, and that is only if you buy individual stones and have them set as earrings.

So I''d strongly advise you to wait and get exactly the tennis bracelet you want. You can always replace the stones in your cross for better ones. So I''d get the eternity band you want soon, some earrings with stones that can be upgraded later, and wait on the tennis bracelet until you can get what you want. Mine has about 40 10-pointers for 4 cts. tw, and it is just right for me. But I don''t wear it nearly as much as I would the eternity ring and studs.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with diamondseeker. I''d spend my money on studs and an eternity band. The bracelet can come later. Not sure what your budget is, but I''d rather see you get the studs you want in the size you want and a nice eternity band. But then again I''m not a bracelet wearer. I have a nice diamond tennis bracelet but don''t wear it much. HTH, good luck and congrats on the new baby!!!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice.

1. I think I will get .90 tcw H SI2 ideal earrings set ritani pave halo style
2. Also a .70 - .80 I SI2 ideal solitaire for pendant and set that also ritani pave halo style.
3. Reset my cross into shared prong eternity band.

Will wait for the tennis bracelet.

what do you think? Too much pave halo going on? .....I will have pave halo earrings, pendant, ring and full pave rhr. I just love halos though......

Now only to source the diamonds....

regards

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/2/2006 4:19:20 AM
Author: sparkles
Thanks for the advice.

1. I think I will get .90 tcw H SI2 ideal earrings set ritani pave halo style
2. Also a .70 - .80 I SI2 ideal solitaire for pendant and set that also ritani pave halo style.
3. Reset my cross into shared prong eternity band.

Will wait for the tennis bracelet.

what do you think? Too much pave halo going on? .....I will have pave halo earrings, pendant, ring and full pave rhr. I just love halos though......

Now only to source the diamonds....

regards
If you want to eventually upgrade the diamond earrings, I definitely wouldn't set them in expensive Ritani halos. I also think that look is a bit much for everyday wear. I prefer plain studs for everyday, but I am not in a job where I am dressed up everyday either.

I think the pendant with halo sounds lovely. It's a good way to get the effect of greater size but not have to spend big bucks on a stone.

I would not do what you're suggesting with the cross. You already said those stones weren't great. I'd absolutely want ideal cut stones for a sparkly eternity band. To tell you the truth, even using your own stones to have one made, you wouldn't save that much when you can buy gorgeous well-cut eternity bands from Signed Pieces/Facets at reasonable prices. I'd leave the cross alone and just wear it occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results