shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs - round cuts or old cuts?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I'm going to have 0.25ctw and 0.5ctw diamond studs made in white gold, three-prong martini settings.I'm working with Ilya again, and I'm super excited. But, I'm not sure whether to go for round cuts or old cuts. I LOVE old cuts, but I'm not sure the beauty of old cuts will be all that noticeable in studs this small. I basically wants both pairs of studs to be super sparkly. What do you think...should I go for round cuts or old cuts?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would personally go with well cut modern rounds for this size. It'll be really difficult to see the facet pattern of an OEC in this size on the ears.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1460573742|4018876 said:
I would personally go with well cut modern rounds for this size. It'll be really difficult to see the facet pattern of an OEC in this size on the ears.

+1 I love old cuts but prefer earrings in round brilliant for performance.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old cuts are very popular (and very expensive) right now; MRB retail is near the lowest I've seen in several years.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with all....excellent cut modern rounds show up better on the ears (an definitely at that size), and this is the time to buy modern rounds. The antique stones are priced with a premium now.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! You all basically solidified what I was thinking...round cuts it is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results