shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs round brilliant or princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone, first post!

I am about to treat myself to some new diamonds solitaire studs - my first thought was classic round brilliant, but now I am considering princess cut. My reasoning with the round is the fact that all of my other diamond jewellery is exclusively round stones, including my wedding and RH rings, and some other lovely diamond earrings (I love earrings), studs and dangly ones. Should I stay with round to keep the ''look'' consistent or princess for something different even though they won''t ''match'' anything else?

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

I am thinking around 1ctw in white gold, also is there an advantage or disadvantage of either shape at this size?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I like rounds...they are classic in shape and always look nice on the earlobe and anyones jaw line is complimented by the shape...square or any fancy shape comes and goes with style and fashion changes. A square jawline appears even more square with this shape in the ear.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
I''d go with the round. .50 in round will look a lot bigger than .50 in princess. My friend just got 1.60 ctw princess studs and they are gorgeous, but I feel for princess studs to look substantial they have to be around that size.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH just got me a pair of princess studs, and I love them!!!
30.gif

They're 1.44 ctw (0.72 carat each), and I think they look VERY substantial. (You can see them in my avatar.) In fact, I'm not sure I'd want to go much bigger, personally. Of course, I could probably be convinced . . .
2.gif

Definitely get whatever shape you like best, regardless of what shape the rest of your diamonds are. I have several different shapes (round, princess and radiant) and I wear them all together, every single day.
16.gif

ETA: Welcome to PS, Mish!
21.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Get whatever shape makes your heart sing! If you are obsessed with having them squared up on your ear, rounds have the advantage of always being symmetric (unless you are really obsessed about having your prongs lined up, in which case you should get bezel-set rounds!)

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Irisgrrl, your earrings are gorgeous. I didn''t mean to offend anyone. I think yours look very substantial, but are also close to the same size as my friend''s, which are a great size. All I was saying was that in the half ct weight that round would look bigger. I hope this makes sense and doesn''t offend anyone!
2.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I''d go with round. That way, you can get those yummy earring jackets from Whiteflash when you want even MORE bling
31.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I have rounds, so obviously that is my preference. I''m personally too OCD to be able to deal with the studs not being straight all of the time, which always seems to be a problem with studs other than round.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think either would look great. You get a bigger size with rounds but pick the ones you want.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I wanted a pair of 1 cttw studs, and I thought I would get princess until I saw them in person. The rounds looked SO MUCH BIGGER. The size I ended up getting was 1.16 cttw (what the jeweler had in stock) and I totally love them - I''m glad I went with the round.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get whichever you personally like better.

I perfer round because I think they sparkle more.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
well, I went through this dilemma a while ago. I didnt want round, as everyone had them, explored princess and other cuts, and in the end,have gone for classic round because the stones are so sparkly and they are classic and elegant. still would love some princess for a second pair one day. both are great, it really is a personal decision..
35.gif

d2b

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rounds....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results