shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs- Need Help Please

Cr8ton

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking around the forum for the past couple of months while starting my search. This is a great forum with a lot of great information. Thank you.

I am looking to get my wife diamond studs for our 10 year anniversary. She wants princess cut. I have been doing a lot of research and got thrown in a tailspin trying to figure out what to get. I have been monitoring Blue Nile and James Allen. I got overwhelmed and took the leap; placing an order with James Allen. Since this order is in process and will be for awhile, I am still continuing my search just in case I stumble across something better. I was hoping to get some feedback on the diamonds I currently have on order and make sure I am not missing something. Maybe my search can be over.

Thanks in advance for the help

These are the spec's :

SHAPE:Princess
CARAT WEIGHT:0.90
COLOR:J
CLARITY:VS1
POLISH:Excellent
SYMMETRY:Very Good
FLUORESCENCE:None
L/W (MM):5.46*5.36
L/W RATIO:1.02
SHAPE:Princess
CARAT WEIGHT:0.90
COLOR:J
OVERTONE:J
CLARITY:VVS2
POLISH:Excellent
SYMMETRY:Very Good
FLUORESCENCE:None
L/W (MM):5.22*5.15
L/W RATIO:1.01

Attachments

• Diamond-Princess-0.90-Carat_1_firstSquare_ (1).jpg
    Diamond-Princess-0.90-Carat_1_firstSquare_ (1).jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Diamond-Princess-0.90-Carat_1_firstSquare_.jpg
    Diamond-Princess-0.90-Carat_1_firstSquare_.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 10

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the forum :))

Princess cuts ideally need videos to aid analysis - post links to them here, so we can have a nosey at the videos :)

ASETscope images help work out if there are any issues in terms of light leakage, but if they've already shipped, it's a bit late for that now! lol

Cr8ton

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. Here are the links

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reply. Here are the links

Thanks for the links :)

Faceting looks decent on those - good mix of brightness and dark contrast, not too much 'mush' (facets that don't seem well-defined), and they look like they perform well.

If you still want to look at potential other options, Whiteflash do their A Cut Above princess cuts, although they are not that common. The video setup is different to JA so it is hard to do a direct comparison, but they do have ASETscope images confirming the light performance. Worth checking out IMO.

Cr8ton

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I am going to take a look at Whiteflash. I'm glad these look good at least Im on the right track

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results