shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs "J" color?

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

Would any of you consider going down to "J" color for 1.5+ ctw Studs? Assuming they were Ideal cut of course :wink2:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I would do it. Mine are J. Theyre only 1ctw but I would go bigger in a J for earrings.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Definitely! In fact, I probably will in the future. Once my OEC jbeg ring is done in the spring I will be starting my hunt for OEC diamonds for some bezel studs. Mmmmmm.

I personally like warmer color stones, but even if you don't, J's are near colorless and the earrings won't be right up against any other diamonds, so it will be hard to notice the color.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are only .75 each... But I love them. One "J" and an "I" and they are beautiful and sparkly...

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Most definitely! I have 3+ctw studs which are EGL Js (so I assume lower color by GIA standards). I absolutely love them. When it comes to studs, size and cut are more important to me than color or clarity. My stones are eye-clean and pretty white. I never would have been able to afford higher color studs in the size I wanted.

I'm attaching photos so that you can see how lower colored studs look on-ear. I have pics of them in their YG martini settings and their platinum 8 prong settings. I think they look better in the white metal.
photo-4_0.png photo%202_3.png photo-2_0.png photo-3.png

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, for sure! Mine are ideal cut, 1.10ctw, one an I and one a J. They are so white when worn and are absolute firecrackers, I would absolutely do it all over again!

WFStuds 004.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here's a picture... on my set.. one of each I mentioned in an early post...

P4040022.JPG

P4040020.JPG

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another vote for "yes"! I think they will be gorgeous!

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
wow wow WOW!!
Thank you all SO much!! Everyone's studs are BEAUTIFUL :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results