shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond studs: ACA/BG signature vs. AGS000

dawgcatching

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone;

Shopping for my wife, looking for a set of diamond studs for our anniversary. I had my heart set on a set of .8ct or .9ct diamond studs in J color from either Whiteflash or Brian Gavin, or GOG, but can't find anything on those sites around the size I want in J color. I don't want to spend extra for a better color: we tried on HOF studs at a local store and J looked superb. Better color means a smaller diamond for her in this case.

I did find this from a local wholesaler however; here are the 2 certs.

I can obtain these 2 diamonds at a significant discount (assuming they are in stock) vs a super ideal cut. Probably save me $1200 or so. Should real-world performance be comparable? They look like well cut AGS000 stones.

Attachments

• 104073825007-pldqr__1_.pdf
    379.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 104074539001-pldqr.pdf
    379 KB · Views: 90

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd want to see the stones side by side if possible, have you had a chance to see them in person? Are they eye clean, if that matters to you?

How about other vendors- I see ID jewellery recommended a lot (there's a thread in Hangout where pics of another PSer's stones for studs are pictured). Good luck with the search!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of those stones is SI2 with a primary feather (crack) inclusion. That's a no-deal for me, personally, but maybe it doesn't bother you. I also prefer 56-57 tables for studs because that will increase brightness over a 54 table. But those are really picky points and most people would care. If you are going with non-H&A stones, honestly, I'd go with GIA and save a little more.

These are the measurements I'd use to find a good GIA EX cut pair for studs:

table: 56-58

depth: 60-62.0

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

I will add that I have Whiteflash ACA studs and love them! I have upgraded them a couple of times, too!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
BG is having a sale/promo code right now - did you factor that in to your pricing? If not, take another look.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP, I bought studs for my daughter. I am not the person to give you opinions on the specs, I rely on others on this forum for that.
That being said, I took the easy way out, called Leslie at BGD, told her how much I wanted to spend and what I wanted, she found the pair for me. When I added a diamond to my wife's pendant, sent the pendant to Leslie, she and Brian found the diamond. Enough said. When people see my wife's pendant they go ga ga!
Call Leslie at BGD to find you a pair.

Best of luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results