shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Stud specs, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
What do you think of the GIA report for .34tcw, RB as follows:

GIA777.jpg

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
Here is the other stud.
what do you thinK?
thank you

GIA778.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
They should be a nice, well-matched sparkly pair of diamonds. You are doing just what I did. I picked a couple of stones off of Blue Nile that had great HCA scores, and had them made into studs. I love them.

Good luck!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers looks good.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
They both look really nice to me. Can I ask you ladies... Is this route a lot more cost effective than going with the ready set to go ones from WF? I''m a huge stickler for cut, but I''m not sure just how much perfection I need for half carat (total weight) studs.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Boise,

I take it the pavilion angle for the first is 40.8? If so then they look great, check the diamonds are eyeclean by asking the vendor.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 11:25:16 AM
Author: Kelli
They both look really nice to me. Can I ask you ladies... Is this route a lot more cost effective than going with the ready set to go ones from WF? I''m a huge stickler for cut, but I''m not sure just how much perfection I need for half carat (total weight) studs.
It depends on actual examples Kel, sometimes maybe it is more cost effective, I think it comes down to who has the diamonds you want, if you can find a match on your own efforts then compare to see which is the most cost effective way. Also if you enjoy the hunt!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:25:16 AM
Author: Kelli
Kelli - When I priced mine out, this was definitely the cheapest way to go. I wanted platinum martini settings, and my local jeweler simply beats every on-line vendor on setting costs. He gives good service too, and is a short walk from where I work.
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls! I do enjoy the hunt too:)

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
L --

Will be seeing them tomorrow in person.

Thanks for all the responses.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 12:12:43 PM
Author: Bosie
L --

Will be seeing them tomorrow in person.

Thanks for all the responses.
Let us know how it goes!

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
L---

Excluding the size and upgrade issue, do you prefer one set over the other?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 4:53:25 PM
L---

Excluding the size and upgrade issue, do you prefer one set over the other?
I would probably choose the ACA's as I like the brand and have all the info and images on each diamond to really evaluate the diamonds - but the others could still be a great choice and are a tidge larger - is there much of a difference for price?

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
I would probably choose the ACA''s as I like the brand and have all the info and images on each diamond to really evaluate the diamonds - but the others could still be a great choice and are a tidge larger - is there much of a difference for price?

L--

the .34tcw each are $882 for the pair plus setting

the .32tcw ACA''s are $1042 for the pair plus setting

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think both would be lovely for studs.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 7:04:42 PM
I would probably choose the ACA''s as I like the brand and have all the info and images on each diamond to really evaluate the diamonds - but the others could still be a great choice and are a tidge larger - is there much of a difference for price?

L--

the .34tcw each are $882 for the pair plus setting

the .32tcw ACA''s are $1042 for the pair plus setting
So thats $160 difference....I would say this depends on your budget and preference Bosie - you could get very slightly larger looking studs cheaper with a great cut, or you could pay a bit extra and have the pedigree of the ACA''s and the vendor benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results