shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond stud reset and halo jacket purchase- HELP!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey PS-ers!
I have a 6.6mm diamond studs. They're currently in 6-prong screwbacks, but the back piece is WAY too small and the posts are too skinny, which makes them painful to wear for a long time and kind of droopy due to lack of support on the backside. I have smaller studs that are about 1cttw that have larger posts and back pieces that are great.
I want to get my larger studs reset into a new 6-prong setting with thicker posts and large enough backs (I think I've heard some people call them "elephant backs"?) that it keeps the studs from drooping and is more comfortable to wear. I'm 100% set on screwbacks as I love my 2 other pairs and commit the PS-er sin of wearing my earrings for long periods of time before taking them out to clean them!
At the same time, I would like to get halo jackets made for some extra oomph on dressy occasions. These are "forever earrings" as there is no size upgrade from the 6.6mm since one stone is my original e-ring stone and my lobes are small enough that I would run out of real estate!
Please advise on a good vendor for this project! Many thanks!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd suggest speaking to Yekutiel at IDJ! Lots of PSers and my coworker have gotten beautiful jackets from them and I'm sure they'd be able to reset your existing stones. :))

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would suggest calling Lesley at BGD. I used her twice for diamond studs and jackets for my daughter. Recently bought the fiore jackets, not expensive at all, and they really add pop to the entire diamond setting.
Those "elephant" backs you are talking about might also be the "LaPousette" back which I also recommend, especially after my daughter lost the first pair with the friction backs.
Good luck.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/d...fzxyBq6fX8d93gp3VfNxkJ1aFHcEqnlB7bxoCIYHw_wcB

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
La Pousette and Protektor backs (very similar) do not, unfortunately, come in the larger sizes. However, both Stuller and Roseco make really large threaded backs. You just have to ask your jeweler to make sure the larger backs (over 6mm) are the correct ones that will go with a larger post. The larger the backs and posts, the harder it is to find them in anything but 14k.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results