shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond stud earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bstrong

Rough_Rock
Hello--

i''m new to pricescope and am wondering about diamond stud earrings, as well as E-Bay stores who sell them.

I''m interesed in a set of "decent" diamonds (they don''t have to be great, but i would like them to be "white" to the naked eye). if i were looking for a set on E-Bay for under $1,000 what can i expect in the way of size and color? Do you need to be as picky when you''re looking for diamond earrings vs. a diamond solitair for an engagement/wedding ring? Is it a matter of opinion? Again, i am new to the "gemstone" game, so bear with me.

As for E-Bay sellers...
I''ve noticed one name that has a HUGE amount of feedback (over 50,000) and has an extremely high rating (99+%) they are DIAGEMINC. Anyone familiar with them? How should i know if i''m dealing with a "not-so-legit seller". Any suggestions who i might lean toward and/or stay away from?

I didn''t need this site to tell me i don''t want to buy diamonds from a chain store, or B&M (what does that stand for anyway?
23.gif
) but it has definitely made me realize i don''t want to buy ANYTHING from a retail jewelery store!!

your time and answers will be much appreciated!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
B and M stands for bricks and mortar, or a walk-in off the street store as opposed to online vendors and ebay.

As far as diamonds studs go, I would check out ebay and then do a PS search of stones of the same size, color and clarity and look into putting together a set for yourself. You may find that you can do better that way. I know I found that to be true. Most of the vendors here will charge about $100 for gold settings. I just ordered a pair of diamonds from a PS vendor that I am going to get set into earrings. They are .30 points each (.60 TW) E color and SI clarity. Both are certified. The diamonds together only cost $605 and my jeweler has quoted me $70 for the white gold setting. I couldn't find E/ SI earrings for anywhere near $675. Closest I could find online or in stores was I1 clarity and H/I color with no information on the cut.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I checked out the diamond studs over there and all I can say is YOU''LL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Quality .96 carat diamond studs for $450 is just not possible. When they say I/J color and SI3/I1 clarity expect worse- they will almost always exaggerate. I noticed that anything whiter than a J or better clarity than an I1 is quite a bit more.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I got GIA certified diamonds earrings from a Pricescope Vendor that cost me just over $1000 and they were a good colour and clarity and they set them for me exactly the way I wanted. They were just under 0.8 tcw. I''m sure that I wouldn''t have gotten that sort of quality at that price anywhere else.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Bagpuss, I loved your pear earrings so much I''m considering forgoing the stud settings and getting ones like yours! Mine are pears too. Did your price include the setting?

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Can you guys PM me the sites you used? The best I could come up with was .70 tcw pair in white gold that''s I color ideal cut (according to the vendor) for $975 or so. I''m trying to stay at .70 tcw or higher for around $1000.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Bagpuss and I have pear shaped diamonds. They are less expensive than rounds. I PM''d you the vendor''s name nonetheless. I searched their site and found .34 H colored stones for $875 plus $100 for setting will come close to what you were quoted.

dobie

Rough_Rock
I just bought a pair of 0.54 ctw G VS1 ideal cut earrings in a platinum martini 3-prong setting yesterday for 916 US. They should be ready in a couple of weeks for my GF''s V-day present. Originally, that price was for 0.50 ctw G VS2 stud earrings. Since they were short on diamonds because of the busy Xmas season, they upgraded to the 0.54 ctw VS1 for the same price.

Anyone knows where I can find/see platinum earring jackets?

bstrong

Rough_Rock
All these responses have been very helpful...THANK YOU

i would also like to know where you guys got your diamonds....could you please PM me the vendors too?

thanks!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I PM''d you Bstrong! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results