shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Stud earrings for everyday wear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

audelair

Rough_Rock
I got my wife a pair of 1.5 ctw (.75 per ear) studs. She loves them but hesitates wearing them everyday, especially to sleep. I also thought they looked kinda big on her.

I thought .75 carat per ear should be a very safe size to get for just about anyone, so perhaps it just takes some getting used to?

I am also thinking of getting her a smaller pair (like maybe 0.66 ctw, .33 each ear) for everyday wear, and use the 1.5 ctw for special occasions. On the other hand, maybe she will get used to the 1.5 ctw and never wear the smaller ones. Maybe she''ll even find the 1.5 ctw too small after a few months!
3.gif

I''m curious if anyone else has thought 1.5 ctw for everyday wear might be a bit big?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I think .75 per ear is perfect for everyday wear. I wear .5 in each ear and hope to upgrade to .75. I do not wear any earrings to sleep in because I find it uncomfortable regardless of size.

Give her some time to get used to the size before you buy another pair. Personally, I would not wear the smaller earrings if they were the same style as the first pair and just smaller. If you want to buy her a second pair, maybe try another style so she has some variety. .25 to .35 per ear in a very thin bezel is a great look. Small diamond hoops ("huggies") are also very popular.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 1:32:59 PM
Author:audelair
I got my wife a pair of 1.5 ctw (.75 per ear) studs. She loves them but hesitates wearing them everyday, especially to sleep. I also thought they looked kinda big on her.

I thought .75 carat per ear should be a very safe size to get for just about anyone, so perhaps it just takes some getting used to?

I am also thinking of getting her a smaller pair (like maybe 0.66 ctw, .33 each ear) for everyday wear, and use the 1.5 ctw for special occasions. On the other hand, maybe she will get used to the 1.5 ctw and never wear the smaller ones. Maybe she''ll even find the 1.5 ctw too small after a few months!
3.gif

I''m curious if anyone else has thought 1.5 ctw for everyday wear might be a bit big?
I don''t even sleep in my wee .25tcw studs, LOL! It''s just a comfort thing.

I''d say give her some time to get used to them, and like Kay said, maybe try a different style of earrings if you want to get her something else.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

3.gif

i bought my wife the same size studs (1.43 ctw) she does wear them 24/7

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorites are .5 carat per ear. I chose that size after being really unhappy with heavy earrings looking droopy on my earlobes. I recently heard of a woman who works at Grunberger''s in Stamford who got even bigger earrings than my original pair (2 carats per ear) and who wears them all the time and is happy with them. Chacun a son gout, I guess!

AGBF
34.gif

audelair

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback!
I guess sleeping in earrings might just be hard to get used to in general.

I agree if i get a smaller pair, I should get a different design. Also, I''ve been wanting to get her some colored stone studs (like peridots), but have no idea where to look. Any suggestions?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a fantastic size. I have small earlobes, and I currently wear .66 (so maybe they are more like 1ctw non bezel perhaps) bezel studs, and love them! so I would think those are too large on my little earlobes, but she could definitely get used to them
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am also thinking of getting her a smaller pair (like maybe 0.66 ctw, .33 each ear) for everyday wear, and use the 1.5 ctw for special occasions. On the other hand, maybe she will get used to the 1.5 ctw and never wear the smaller ones. Maybe she'll even find the 1.5 ctw too small after a few months!
3.gif

I'm curious if anyone else has thought 1.5 ctw for everyday wear might be a bit big?
I can almost guarantee you that this will happen, LOL!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock

It''s right on the outer borderline of what I would be comfortable with. 6mm studs are about the largest I can tolerate before they start looking gaudy to me. Bigger studs look fine on other people, but they''re not for me.

I''m a little boggled that she would even consider sleeping in diamond studs. Ow. Ow. I''m with geckodani: I don''t even sleep in .25''ers. I sleep on my side so that pointy bit of metal driving into my skull all night would make me go insane.

re: where to buy peridot earrings -- Blue Nile sells peridot studs that are okay as basic jewelry (but IMO the quality of their colored gems is not superb). I''ve had good experiences with mineralminers.com (it takes a bit of looking, though; they have great stuff and also some not-so-great stuff). You could also contact a cutter and ask for a pair of peridots or other stones in whatever size and shape you''re considering; several PS-recommended cutters should also be able to set you up with basic prong mountings for earrings at a small additional cost. This will take a little longer but you''ll end up with a superior final product.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think sleeping with earrings is pretty much a question of habit. I have never taken earrings off at night, even as a girl, ao I am very used to it. I even used to sleep with largish dangle earrings, so my current 0.33tcw is easy.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have very small earlobes but would definately try out larger diamond studs. If she thinks that they are heavy and they drop she can get plastic disc backs to help with that.

I do sleep in .50ctw studs but only if I''m on vacation. I just don''t want to take them out and lose them.

HTH

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m in the minority here, but for me they would be a bit too big for everyday wear! I work in a pottery store, and I give painting lessons, so large studs would just be a bit much for where I am and what I do everyday. I do admire them on others though. And I agree with everyone else, give it a few months, over time she could very well become more comfortable wearing them. Oh, and I don''t sleep with earrings on either, ouch!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, and I only sleep in my huggie earrings since they don''t poke my skull, unless I forget to take out my studs

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be in the minority here but I don''t like big studs. I have .72 ctw for my studs and they are the perfect size for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results