shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond stud earring questions please help :)

Motion Blue

Rough_Rock
hello im new here and i have a questions, this is my first time buying a diamond stud for myself. Iv done abit of research and came across something i completey dont understand. On this site it saids the diamond is 0.05 carat weight and 4mm wide... how is this possible? i mean i even spoke to them and they confirmed the carat is 0.05. so im guessing the diamond is paper thin with a 4mm wide face?

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/14k-White-Gold-Single-Diamond-Earring/1546746/product.html

Can someone help me with this issue?

than you very much

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not possible - should be about 2.5mm.

A bezel set might be about 4mm.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
that makes no sense. If you tell us your budget we can help you find something you like...

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Morning Motion,

IMO a 2.5mm would be the size of stone you would put in a ring (ering, wband, rhr) or even in a halo. It is a small size stone that doesn''t belong in the ear. Bella is right, we would love to help you find something if you can give us an idea of a price range, that would be perfect in your ear and your wallet.

When buying any diamond jewelry keep in mind the notorious four c''s. Carat: This stone is VERY small so size wise is not good. Clarity: Plus, it is an I1, which is dangerously cloudy. You probably won''t get much sparkle at all from these. Also, it is not even a pair. The site states that it is one single stud, unless you were wanting to wear just one stud? Color: Color is actually very good, G-I is wonderful, they would be white, but bc clarity is so low, it would be full of black and grey clouds. The higher clarity, the more sparkle and color of the stone you will see. Cut: It is a round diamond, which is great for the ear, it doesn''t give details on how the stone is graded which is no guarantee that the stone will stand the test of time. I think when they say 4mm, they might actually mean how long the earring is, not width of the stone.

My biggest suggestion is look at buying diamonds as an investment experience. Like your investing in something you will wear forever. When looking at diamonds, the higher the diamond ranks on any of the four c scales, the better.

What type of price range are you looking to stay in? We can help you find something perfect!! I hope I was helpful!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t even know that a stud could be made out of a stone that small. If you''re wanting studs, your best bet would be to save up for larger stones.

Motion Blue

Rough_Rock
ok :) well im a guy with with one piecing on the left ear i want something thats 4mm - 5mm stud and my budget is less then 100$ im not sure if many places sell just one earring. i dont mind if its CZ

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 11:45:34 PM
Author: Motion Blue
ok :) well im a guy with with one piecing on the left ear i want something thats 4mm - 5mm stud and my budget is less then 100$ im not sure if many places sell just one earring. i dont mind if its CZ
Have you looked around on CL or similar?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/3/2010 9:33:09 AM
Author: ztajanice
Morning Motion,

IMO a 2.5mm would be the size of stone you would put in a ring (ering, wband, rhr) or even in a halo. It is a small size stone that doesn't belong in the ear. Bella is right, we would love to help you find something if you can give us an idea of a price range, that would be perfect in your ear and your wallet.

When buying any diamond jewelry keep in mind the notorious four c's. Carat: This stone is VERY small so size wise is not good. Clarity: Plus, it is an I1, which is dangerously cloudy. You probably won't get much sparkle at all from these. Also, it is not even a pair. The site states that it is one single stud, unless you were wanting to wear just one stud? Color: Color is actually very good, G-I is wonderful, they would be white, but bc clarity is so low, it would be full of black and grey clouds. The higher clarity, the more sparkle and color of the stone you will see. Cut: It is a round diamond, which is great for the ear, it doesn't give details on how the stone is graded which is no guarantee that the stone will stand the test of time. I think when they say 4mm, they might actually mean how long the earring is, not width of the stone.

My biggest suggestion is look at buying diamonds as an investment experience. Like your investing in something you will wear forever. When looking at diamonds, the higher the diamond ranks on any of the four c scales, the better.

What type of price range are you looking to stay in? We can help you find something perfect!! I hope I was helpful!
Hi ztajanice,

Just jumping in here concerning a few statements in your posts, I hope you don't mind.
1.gif

Not all I1's are going to be ' dangerously cloudy' or ' full of black and grey clouds' for the benefit of new posters reading, although a fair amount of I1 won't be eyeclean there are exceptions and some can be beautiful diamonds.

Concerning clarity, ' the higher clarity, the more sparkle and color of the stone you will see,' this isn't quite accurate - unless a stone was badly included which one could expect at some I2 or I3 grades, or grade making clouds having a negative effect in SI or I grades, in general clarity won't affect sparkle or performance or to any extent that the human eye can detect, it is cut quality which is responsible for giving a diamond its beauty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results