shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond stud earring jackets - SMTB?? Advice??

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am daydreaming about diamond jackets for my studs. I love my studs ("... and my studs love me, tra la la la la!") but when that old DSS hits, it's a powerful drug that can only be cured by more sparkle. They are J's, .44 & .43 martini set in WG from BGD. I am not looking for coloured diamonds and would prefer a minimal airline. I'd prefer to keep the budget under $800/900.

I've been searching thru and have found a few links:
old PS thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-diamond-earring-jackets.32369/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-diamond-earring-jackets.32369/[/URL]

PS vendor links:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-earrings/jackets/hearts-jackets-18k-white-gold-5411w18

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/diamond-earring-jackets-24.htm

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/earring-jackets-pink-diamond-yellow-or-white-

I can't find anything from James Allen or Blue Nile.
IDJ does not have photos, but I remember Hawaiianorangetree recently got a quote for 2 pointers (.52 ctw) and Cellantini got her TDF jackets that were 3 pointers from IDJ.

Any recommendations where you'd go or where you did buy from? Photos EAGERLY wished for! please post what you have :bigsmile:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I ordered the 3 pointer jackets from IDJ almost a month ago but I haven't received them yet (and they were supposed to arrive after 2 weeks :cry: ). I'll post pics as soon as I get them. I love the 2 pointer ones from WF too.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
There are pictures of the ID jackets on their website, you have to look around for them though. Sorry I can't remember what section they were in. Fashion earrings maybe?

I've requested Luann take some photos of the 2 pointers for me so if I get one I'll post them for you.

The WF ones were gorgeous but the quote was way above what I was willing to spend on them, unfortunately!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Fancydiamond (I can't believe I FORGOT about your GORGEOUS jackets!!! *thumps forehead forcefully!*), Stargurl and HOT - I appreciate the input!

I also emailed Luann for a jacket quote to fit my earrings and got a quick reply back. They would be 22 x .3 pointers each to fit a 5mm stone (must be a standard size?) and it seems very reasonable vs. the pricing on links I could find online. "FG SI naked eye clean and sparkly" were her words and they would take approx 2 weeks to create, once I gave the go ahead. Good to know! Those were the same descriptive terms for my 8 x .12 pointers on my 1/2 eternity band - and those puppies sure shine and sparkle like mad in the sun! I'm very happy with the quality of their diamonds.

If I go for them ( :Up_to_something: :naughty: :Up_to_something: and I like how I play the mind game of *IF* :lol: :lol: who am I kidding??) I would order them for a June delivery. Someone I know is having an anniversary then and I'm sure "she'd" enjoy them... oh... that would be ME! :bigsmile:

Does anyone have any photos they could post? Bling shots are ALWAYS welcome....

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
This is the photo of the 2 pointers that Luann sent to me.

Other than knowing they are 2 pointers for a total of .52ct, "exceptional quality" and they have a 6mm opening with a 7.5mm diameter I don't know anything else about them. Hmm... that means they are only 1.5mm wide, is that right for 2 pointers? :confused:

But they do look pretty! ::)

jacketphoto.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi, Mara and I both previously bought the WF jackets, and we both just followed Celle's lead and got the IDJ jackets.

They have incredibly more presence for the $$, and just look ENORMOUS on the ear. These are all the 3-pointer versions; mine (sapphire) and Mara's (to the right of sapphire) fit 5mm stones, and Celle's (to left of sapphire) fits her 4mm diamond.

I can't recommend them enough - TONS more lobe coverage than the ones I had before.

ETA: The other thing I much prefer about the IDJ jackets is the backs. The old jackets (on the right) were totally open in the back, and the martini setting just didnt' set right in them. I had to have that bar added in the back just to get them to sit correctly - prior to that, they were just a hole in the middle of the jacket. By comparision, the IDJ jackets have the fitting on the back so your stud sits centered into the jackets and sits comfortably on the ear.

IDJ-Jackets_PS.jpg

IMG_0485.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :appl: :love:

Thank you both HOT and Aljdewey!!!

I feel very comfortable with the IDJ jackets having seen your photos now - thank you. My stones are under 5mm each and Luann knows they are in 3 prong martini, she felt the 3 pointers would be perfect. I specifically requested the ones that Cellentini got because I remembered her thread and how much I gawked over them! When I was talking to Luann, she laughed when I called her by her PS name and she knew right away who's jackets I was referring to! :lol:

Have you seen Stargurls new jackets - she just got them today!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi, I say definitely go for the ones from IDJ! The 3-pointers have such a presence and they are so sparkly and like alj said, they give lots of coverage.

Love that pic of the 3 earrings with their jackets!! Gorgeous.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi, I can't wait for you to get these - I have several pairs of nice earrings, but these are still my absolute favorite! I've been wearing them nearly every day, and I still think they're breathtaking. Trust me, you're gonna flip when they arrive!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it's a GO in my head, for sure!!! :bigsmile: I just have to wait for my bank account to catch up :lol: :lol: Have to pay off a furnace first (blech. Doesn't that sound so boring when there are diamonds and jewels to be bought instead??) so Luann knows it may not be till may/June.

That is far too long to wait. I'll have to continue to stare longingly and covet all of yours :lickout:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I'm confused (and maybe its just me being slow), but if Alj's fit up to 5.5mm studs and HOT's fit up to 5.5mm studs, how do both sets of jackets have the same number of diamonds if Alj's are 3-pointers and HOT's are 2-pointers??

ETA: And HOT says they are 0.52ctw but 11 diamonds x 0.02 ct each x 2 jackets would total 0.44ctw... My guess is IDJ just sent her the photo of the 3 pointers by mistake...

mileysmuse

Rough_Rock
thank you so much aljdewey for the 3 pics of the 3pt jackets. just so i get this right…celle's 4mm diamond was about 1/4 ct right & had 9 3pt stones in each stud, right? And, your sapphire and Mara's diamond were 5mm (or about 1/2 ct) & had 11 pts stones in each right? By chance, can anyone tell me what the total width was on each of these 2 sizes after the 3pt jacket was on? (I have lopsided lobes and the total size will be important).

On that subject, was your sapphire and Mara's stone set in a 4 prong martini vs Celle's 3 prong? i can't tell & was wondering if it makes a difference in total size of the jacket.

Also, could anyone opine on the color and quality of the 2 diamonds flanking the sapphire? i'm really color adverse and noticed that with most jackets, even if you have the same color in your jacket and main stone, the larger stone always seems to look more yellow. I'm trying to get a fix on what color i should get and would greatly appreciate anyone's input.

On the subject of budget, i too (like all other women who found your pics) LOVED Cellentani's earring. Maybe it was the 9 stones surrounding it. And, if the center stone is 1/4 ct., thats wonderful news to my budget! But, if i need to go larger to a 1/2+ ct stone in each ear, does anyone know how large the jacket stones would need to be if i only wanted 9 stones instead of the 11 stones per earring?

Lastly, has anyone ever seen a swirl jacket like this, which is pave? I totally think that the 3pt IDJ setting reads like an exceptionally important piece. I was curious what you gals thought of a setting like this that has a bit more dimensionality. Does anyone have something similar & could they tell me whether the small pave'd stones read like nothing-diamond-dust on your ear?

I tried on the hearts on fire endeavor earring too (last pic), which was prong set like the IDJ jackets and loved the pop and dimensionality, but the price was outrageous. I thought this other swirl setting (in jacket form) was close, but it still is super expensive compared to your IDJ's. Would love everyone's thoughts.

diamond-earring-jacket_154097_1.jpg

diamond-earring-jacket_154097_2.jpg

endeavor-stud-earrings-1.png

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Gah... Furnace! I sure hope the time flies for you - jackets seem like such a fun thing to have.

fige

Rough_Rock
Premium
Bringing this post back to life! I'm also looking for some jackets for my studs! I'm after something with minimal metal and high quality meele, my ER is from SK and I'm so so in love with it, but not sure I can justify the price when I may look to upgrade my studs in the future. Is the metal on the IDJ jackets noticeable? Any recommendations for an in between option? :D :D

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Reviving this thread. I was looking to get a 3 pointer for my 3prong martini stud. Contacted idj and was told that it might sit slightly higher and a 4prong would be better.
Any comments on that?

Or anyone has a picture to share?

Thank you

Q

Queenie60

I'm interested too - thank you for reviving this thread. Considering earring jackets for my 6 prong studs.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1459962278|4016207 said:
I'm interested too - thank you for reviving this thread. Considering earring jackets for my 6 prong studs.
Queenie - are you thinking of earring jackets that are more like a ring of tiny pave, or bigger stones that give that scalloped edge?

Q

Queenie60

PintoBean|1459969766|4016269 said:
Queenie60|1459962278|4016207 said:
Queenie - are you thinking of earring jackets that are more like a ring of tiny pave, or bigger stones that give that scalloped edge?

Hi PB - thinking about tiny pave. Don't want too much bling to take away from the beautiful studs.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie - Have a Nike moment and "just do it!" :lol: I googled "upcoming holidays" and today is "National Tartan Day". In the spirit of National Tartan Day, you should celebrate and get some earring jackets! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Q

Queenie60

PB - you're so funny!!! :naughty: :naughty: :lol: :lol: Mother's day is coming up - I'll get something out of that one! I celebrate each and every day. My studs were supposed to be for Mother's Day however, that's been a few weeks of wear now, so I'm considering the jackets, a DBTY bracelet and necklace. What shall I do??!!! Jackets are probably coming soon. Ok, all kidding aside - would you go for the delicate pave or the more scalloped look?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know why this is funny to me, but I went to your SMTB thread on your studs, and CHECKED OUT YOUR LOBES :lol: :lol: :lol: ONLY on this site am I going to be checking out someone's ear shots to see if they have the real estate to support more bling! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I :love: :love: :love: the scalloped look, and I think that if you have a formal event to go to, the scalloped edge jackets takes your studs from wow to POW!

When you get a pendant, you could have it set in a scalloped halo or pave halo setting to match your jackets. My mom has a pave halo around her original 5/8 e-ring diamond, and that halo dresses up the diamond in such a way that it's special, but not over the top fancy that she can't wear it with a t-shirt, and not so simple that she can't wear it with a formal dress. Her halo is from IDJ, btw lololol.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I have IDJ 5 pointers and I'm obsessed You can totally do amazing jackets within your budget.

Q

Queenie60

heididdl|1459986704|4016387 said:
I have IDJ 5 pointers and I'm obsessed You can totally do amazing jackets within your budget.

Heididdl: Do you have jackets? If so, pictures PLEASE!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results