shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond stud cut help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I''m looking to buy a pair of round diamond studs from Whiteflash.com, and have chosen 4 stones; 2 ideal cut and 2 A Cut Above. I know that cut is everything when choosing, but my question is: what is the difference between these two? And, is it better to have S1, A Cut Above or VS2, Ideal? ACK!!
32.gif
33.gif

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
bump!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
You don''t need VS2 for earring stones. Just select SI1''s or SI2''s with a little care. Beyond that, ACA''s are known for being dazzlers, but unbranded ideal cuts can be also. We would need more info to compare them to answer your question based on the cut.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Based on the info available, I''d go with the ACA''s. They are cheaper and give all the cut info you need to know they will be great preformers. (They look like real beauties
9.gif
.)The other pair is .1mm approx bigger, but you are paying almost $600 more for them due to the clarity difference, and you don''t have enough cut info to ensure they would be as nice. I would talk to WF about the inclusions in the ACA pair just to make sure there is nothing glaring or breaking the surface.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your help lop! I agree, the Cut Above stones look NICE. I''ll fire off an email to WF and get the ball rolling. Hope they can can fit martini settings!
9.gif
Thanks again, I am reassured!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results