shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond stud cheat sheet?

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
After a detour in colored stones a while back, I finally made up my mind that I had to take a break, stop getting caught up in new projects and focus on saving for the diamond stud earrings I have been wanting for years. I know the stats to look for when searching for a diamond e-ring but I am not certain what to look for as far as studs are concerned. While I understand that color and clarity can be compromised for studs, do I look for the the same depth, table, etc. as I would if I were purchasing an engagement ring? I have searched matched pairs ranging from1.8tcw to 2.1tcw (I would prefer keeping the stones just under one carat each to save a bit of $) from a number of online vendors (James Allen, B2C, Blue Nile, Whiteflash- I found B2C's website extremely difficult to navigate as far as matched pairs are concerned) and with the exception of Whiteflash, I was unable to find ideal cut stones despite spending hours and hours checking out GIA reports of matched stones. Are ideal stones reserved for e-rings?
Some guidance would be appreciated. I know a lot of ladies are very satisfied with J, SI2 stones for studs, but I would prefer G or H/ SI1 stones. Thanks.

Q

Queenie60

I would recommend you contact Yekutiel at ID Jewelry. He was able to meet your same criteria for me. - GIA XXX stones, hearts and arrows with a lot of sparkle. I have a .93 and .91 stone for each ear. They're beautiful and I wear them every day. One stone is a G and one is an H, can't tell the difference in color as they're a good match.

Good luck. :wavey:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Queenie. I remember your studs. They are beautiful.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much. I have a "cheat sheet" as well but the stats on mine were a bit more restrictive (table 54-57, depth 60-62). I eliminated a ton of diamonds because either the table was 58 degrees or the depth was over 62.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I use the same specs for studs as I do for rings. I chose Whiteflash for their diamond quality and especially for their selection of easy to match stones (because of cut consistency). They also have an excellent upgrade policy that I have used multiple times! I am kind of tempted to do it one more time! :lol:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker. I didn't realize that Whiteflash has such an unbelievable upgrade policy.
There does seem to be a bit of variation between different PS members as to specs. The "cheat sheet" I am using recommends depth 60-62.3%, table 54-58%, crown angle 34-35 degrees, pavilion angle 40.6-41degrees.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results