shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Specs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Halcyon

Rough_Rock
Hello it me again!

Was wondering about some weirdness with the Cut advisor.

The diamond I have my eye on look slike this:

.72 Carat
F colour
vs2 Clarity
Ideal cut
Total depth: 63.8%
Table: 56.7
Crown Height: 14.7%
Pavillion: 43% OR 41.1 degrees
Round Brilliant cut
Price $ 5500 Canadian

Now when I enter the numbers into the cut advisor using the Crown Height % and the pavillion % it gives a warning that the girdle is too thick. But When I enter with the crown height % and the pavillion ANGLE it comes out to a score of 1.8. Does this sound right? Should I be concerned? I am trying to get the other angles but I haven't taken delivery (not until Wed/Fri)

Nervous,

HALCYON

:appl: :appl:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
we do not recomend using pavilion and crown height % at all. They are not as accurate as angles from Sarin measurements.

You might want to ask for crown angle as well.

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
It's probably a diamond with excellent cut, judging by the information you have at the moment. Remember than anything below 2 is really great on the cut front. Still, peace of mind is a good thing, so do get the numbers.

I expec ttha tyou'll be impressed when you see it.

Halcyon

Rough_Rock
Okay here are the Angles:

Total Depth: 63.8%
Pav. Angle: 41.1 degrees
Crown Angle: 34.2 degrees
Culet 1.2 %
Table 56.7%
Girdle: 1.7 - 4.2 ???

.72 Carat
F colour
VS2 Clarity
No Fluorescence

Scores a 2.1 when I plug it into the Cut advisor....never ealised how much more accurate angles are!!!

Lemme know if you think it's worth it!!

Halcyon:twirl:

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
Exchange rates first. At the rate today that price is equivalent to US$3,480.

Looking in the search by visual appearance I see that the prices are roughly comparable. Most interesting alternative is a 0.73 F VS2 from WhiteFlash which scores 0.8 on the HCA and costs US$3,330.

If your price includes sales tax, you're doing pretty well. If it doesn't it looks as though you could do better on the cut _numbers_ than you have but that the diamond is still good. Best for you to look over the comparables yourself to get a better feel for the alternatives.

How does it look is the key question at this point? Does it look excellent?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
What are the diameter measurements on that diamond? Does it look small for its weight?

Halcyon

Rough_Rock
The measurements are5.63x3.59mm

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
41.2 degree pavilion angle is deep for this crown. Plus girdle is a bit thick.

5.63mm is rather small for this carat size. Better cut 0.72 crt stone should have 5.82 mm in diameter.

5.63 mm diameter is ok for well cut 0.65 carat stone.

Halcyon

Rough_Rock
Well, I hope I didn't make a HUGE mistake. I purchased that stone. But I MUST say...it looks absolutely FABULOUS...least I think so....kinda concerned about what LEONID said with the diameter but honestly....looks great....thanks for all the help!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Well, I hope I didn't make a HUGE mistake. I purchased that stone. But I MUST say...it looks absolutely FABULOUS...least I think so....kinda concerned about what LEONID said with the diameter but honestly....looks great....thanks for all the help!!!
----------------

This is the most important thing!

This is very good cut stone. Not ideal but VERY good. So if you like it and the price was right, don't be concerned too much.

:)

Halcyon

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for the great advice and help.....especially you Leonid....

Are you a jeweler?
You seem to have all the answers...:)

All I need now is to figure out how to ask :confused:

Take care all!!!!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Thank you all so much for the great advice and help.....especially you Leonid....
----------------

My pleasure :)

----------------
Are you a jeweler?
You seem to have all the answers...:)
----------------

Not at all just had learned something from real experts.

----------------
All I need now is to figure out how to ask :confused:
----------------

Good luck! :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results